PDA

View Full Version : Clipart Design Needed

Tracey Bakewell
11-11-2009, 4:56 PM
I am trying to compliment a business name with the attached clipart (which is a scan off a shirt they like). I've been trying to re-draw pieces of it and I'm not that crafty. Does anyone have at least one of these leaves or a stirrup in clipart they can share? I don't need this entire thing, just a leaf and stirrup.

Thanks!
Tracey

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2009, 6:14 PM
Can't help on the clip art, but here's a tip I learned from some video clip. I hope I can say it clear enough to understand.

Use your freehand tool (the pen, as I call it). Just draw the lines, right over the centers of the lines and shapes. Once you have the "centerline" drawn, go to your pen tool and change the thickness of the line. Make it as fat as it needs to be to cover up the entire line from the clipart you are tracing.

Once that's done, select it all, then go under "Arrange" and select "convert outline to object". It'll make that one skinny line you drew, now a fat, wide object. It means you only have to draw the centerline instead of drawing the right and left side of everything, keeping it all parallel.

Make sense? You can easily knock that out. Give it a try!

Tracey Bakewell
11-11-2009, 6:24 PM
Actually, that does make sense! And I think that's what I was trying to do as we speak, just not exactly like that. Let me see what I can do! Thanks!

Frank Corker
11-11-2009, 6:32 PM
Tracey I think you'll find the right flowers in this one.

Tracey Bakewell
11-11-2009, 6:59 PM
Frank, those are definitely close enough! Thanks!!! Tracey

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2009, 7:27 PM
He's not going to learn anything if you keep doing that Frank :D

He was SOOOOOO close to learning something new! And then......swiped right out from under it all...... :)

Frank Corker
11-11-2009, 7:33 PM
Hey, he's a she! Anyway this might also help it's the basic shape from your original picture

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2009, 7:37 PM
Hey, he's a she! :eek::eek::eek: I really do need glasses :) Sorry Tracey :)

Tracey Bakewell
11-11-2009, 7:48 PM
Ha! I was just about to say... "I'm not a dude! :)"

Scott Shepherd
11-11-2009, 7:53 PM
Sorry! Get us a bigger avatar so we can see you! :)

Kim Vellore
11-11-2009, 9:05 PM
Can't help on the clip art, but here's a tip I learned from some video clip. I hope I can say it clear enough to understand.

Use your freehand tool (the pen, as I call it). Just draw the lines, right over the centers of the lines and shapes. Once you have the "centerline" drawn, go to your pen tool and change the thickness of the line. Make it as fat as it needs to be to cover up the entire line from the clipart you are tracing.

Once that's done, select it all, then go under "Arrange" and select "convert outline to object". It'll make that one skinny line you drew, now a fat, wide object. It means you only have to draw the centerline instead of drawing the right and left side of everything, keeping it all parallel.

Make sense? You can easily knock that out. Give it a try!

Scott,
I must say thank you, I learnt something. I was trying this some time back and did not know there was such a easy way to do it.

Kim

Steve Clarkson
11-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry! Get us a bigger avatar so we can see you! :)

As opposed to Super Squirrel????? How do we know that YOU really are a dude?

Dan Hintz
11-12-2009, 6:51 AM
As opposed to Super Squirrel????? How do we know that YOU really are a dude?
Because the squirrel has a zipper... if it had buttons on the left side, it would be a dudette. :D