PDA

View Full Version : Scammers

Robert Alexander
11-11-2009, 2:26 PM
I just wanted to let folks here at the creek know about a neat little web site called dnsstuff.com. It lets you trace a e-mails source. In this case a scammer who just sent me a $2850.00 check for a $300.00 item. I knew something was fishy after the 2nd e-mail.
But then the check showed up (I am going to keep it and mount it in an engraved plaque) from the UPS guy. Anyway she/he e-mailed me with instructions where to send the extra money, and I wrote back, saying something is not right. She/he then wrote back saying "Do you think I am a scammer?"
Thats when I sent the image showing her/his I.P. address including the map where her/his e-mail originated. Which was Nigeria. Have not heard from her or him since.

If you want to know how to do it use just need the Recieved from I.P. address. You will need to turn on your headers option. I High lighted it in red below in the attachment. You put it in the i.p. address in the i.p. information bar. at DNStuff.com, and you will know if the address is real or not. This scammer said she/he was from Oregon. The web site service is free, so if you are unsure of a e-mail this will save you some hassels.
Oh and I am not affilated with this web site, I just like getting rid of scammmers.