PDA

View Full Version : SMC Ethic

Jim Rimmer
11-11-2009, 2:22 PM
There have been several posts lately about why SMC is such a great place to share ideas and ask questions. There have also been a few that teetered right on the edge of the TOS and were closely watched by the mods.

I would like to take an opportunity to call attention to a person that exemplifies the heart of SMC and refer you to a thread that shows that. If we shouldn't point people out, mods, please delete.

John Keeton consistently shares information freely, provides critique and praise for projects posted, and in this post ( http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=124508 ) shows how all Creekers should respond to someone who disagrees with you. John politely responded and offered alternative positions others may take to his own opinion.

Many others show this atitude in their posts and I don't mean to ignore them but this was such a great example I just wanted to thank John publicly for his continued support of the SMC heart and attitude.

Glenn Clabo
11-11-2009, 2:35 PM
Agree!
The crew of mods here on SMC simple try to make this a good place to hang out. Because we all try to discuss every issue between us...we quickly know who are the those who try to poke us...and those who try to be civil. It is not uncommon for us to ask those who have a history of civility to be a mod.

Brian Kent
11-11-2009, 5:19 PM
I agree. John is a great guy - a "keeper". He's one prize trout that we won't throw back in the lake.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2009, 5:21 PM
I agree. John is a great guy - a "keeper". He's one prize trout that we won't throw back in the lake.

Are you saying John's fishy?:confused::rolleyes:

Or that he stinks?:confused::rolleyes:

Eric Larsen
11-11-2009, 7:44 PM
Are you saying John's fishy?:confused::rolleyes:

Or that he stinks?:confused::rolleyes:

Of course not!

We're saying that he tastes good -- pan fried and coated with slivered almonds, covered in hollandaise sauce. :D

John Keeton
11-11-2009, 8:35 PM
?????!??!:o:o:o??!!???!?

Not sure what to say. Unusual for me to be speechless. Thanks, Jim and others.

Eric, I have been compared to many lower life forms - fishy would be a compliment!

Bruce Page
11-11-2009, 8:37 PM
Jim, I couldn’t agree more. John is very knowledgeable on a multitude of subjects. With his class and eloquence he’s definitely a win-win for SMC.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2009, 8:40 PM
Jim, I couldn’t agree more. John is very knowledgeable on a multitude of subjects. With his class and eloquence he’s definitely a win-win for SMC.

Well said Bruce!

Steve Schlumpf
11-11-2009, 9:22 PM
Jim - I think you touched upon a great theme with this thread and that is 'Who exemplifies the heart of SMC?'

John is a great example and from what I have experienced has always been exceptional in his dealings with others. He has recently waded into my area of the Creek (Turning) and has once again shown class in his admission of being a beginner and his acceptance of helpful critiques with his table leg project. I am without a doubt we can all learn something from John - whether about woodworking or dealing with other Creekers - the point being - examples are set each and every day by many Creekers. If it rings true - take it to heart and pass it on!

ROY DICK
11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
If you ever had a hard time understanding what a gentlemans, gentleman is, you need not look further than John.

Roy