PDA

View Full Version : happyveteran's day

Bill Bolen
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
A heart-felt thank you to all who have served or are serving now. You are appreciated...Bill..
Oh yeah...If you still have your old id card or even a pic of yourself in uniform Applebee's is buying you a free dinner today! Now... where is that picture of me in my confederate grey?

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Yep Bill they gave me a free dinner a day early yesterday when I showed a pic's of me in Vietnam. Not one of my pleasant memories but still a proud veteran. Thanks to all who have served or are serving.

Jeff Luedloff
11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
To all Veterans who read this, I just want to give thanks for your service, because of you we have our freedom. Thank You!

Michael Mills
11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I received the following in an email and do not know the soldier or author but thought it worth of a read today.
If this violates posting rules the moderator may delete.
Mike
----------------------------------

David Seth Mitchell was a Cobra Attack Helicopter Pilot in the USMC and was killed in Afghanistan (10/26/09). He had volunteered to go back to Afghanistan 2 months early due to a shortage of pilots.
The poem was written in honor or Seth's patriotism when he was deployed.

The Fight Goes On
by Greg Wright

The fight goes on, in Afghanistan, for freedoms sake today.
Our soldiers there, bravely take their stand, keeping terrorists away.
And some will die, giving all they have, to keep our nation free.
Let us resolve, never to forget, the cost of liberty.

Yet, here at home, there is another war, where freedoms passing by.
How easily, we give up our rights, and let our freedom die.
If these young soldiers are laying down their lives to keep us free,
Let us arise, even here at home, to save our liberty.

What makes our soldiers resolve to fight, when dangers all around?
What gives them courage to face the fire, in the air and on the ground?
Could it be this: that our liberty, is worthy of its price?
So on they fight, ever willingly, their lives to sacrifice.

Oh thank you God, for all who fight, our freedom to defend.
And thank you God, for your promises, that someday war will end.
You gave Your Son to set us free from sins captivity,
And everyone who trusts in Him will truly then be free.

lynn smith
11-12-2009, 1:15 AM
Many many thanks and admiration to all of you vets.
God Bless you for your sacrifice.

Jeff Nicol
11-12-2009, 8:47 AM
Thank you for starting the post and helping us all to see and realize that the efforts put forth by our past and present soldiers is one of the only things we truly have left that has no hidden agenda, but to keep all of us here at home free and safe!

I served for 6 years in the Army and my son is in the Air Force today, he just returned to Idaho from Egypt and is preparing to go to Afganistan in January. We are proud of him and 3 of his buddies from highschool are serving also. I am proud to say that I had some positive influence on them as they were growing up.

I hope that the chaos that is happening in our government here at home comes to an end soon, as the unrest here makes it hard for our men and women in the Military to stay focused.

Liberty and freedom for all!

Pray for them and God bless,

Jeff