PDA

View Full Version : Iturra "Spinner 3" bandsaw tensioner

Jason White
11-10-2009, 2:08 PM
Anybody know if this is the latest version of the Spinner crank from Iturra? I think they call it the "Spinner 3," but I don't see where it says that here.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/Bandsaw-Tensioning--Crank--Heavy--Duty.aspx

John McCaskill
11-10-2009, 2:19 PM
I don't know, but you could call him:
Iturra Design is owned by Louis Iturra and located in Jacksonville, FL.

Iturra Design
1-866-883-8064

John

Jason White
11-11-2009, 1:16 PM
Thanks, but I called and that phone number is no longer in service.

Jason

I don't know, but you could call him:
Iturra Design is owned by Louis Iturra and located in Jacksonville, FL.

Iturra Design
1-866-883-8064

John

Matt Winterowd
11-11-2009, 6:08 PM
Jason, the current working number for Iturra is 904-371-3998.

I can vouch for the version of the Spinner from Highland. I bought one about 6 months ago, and it is just as described in the Iturra catalog.

Ken Casser
11-16-2009, 6:50 PM
Just to correct the correction, his current phone number is 904-642-2802 for orders. I don't know what happened to the 904-371-3998 which is printed on his catalog, but when I called there, I got a 'disconnected' message. I don't know anything about the 'spinner', but I had my own question about my bandsaw, and emailed him at kalll@comcast.net and got a personal response in about an hour on a Sunday night, no less. As always, his answer was right on the mark (I've had other larger issues and he's always had 'the right stuff'). It is a great pleasure to be able to contact someone who really knows their stuff and has the standards that Mr. Iturra has. This is one man/company that I would buy from unconditionally without thinking about shopping anywhere else. He is very competitively priced, freight is its honest cost, and I would do anything possible to keep this guy in business. Sorry for the positive rant, but these days when I feel like everyone has their hand in my pocket, I can't help but wax poetic for someone who deserves it.

Eddie Darby
11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Or you can contact these guys.

http://www.tufftooth.com/crank.php

Home Page:

http://www.tufftooth.com/

Jason White
11-17-2009, 5:53 AM
I contacted Highland Hardware regarding the bandsaw crank that they sell. It looks like the same one from Iturra, but it's not. They claim it's just as well made, though.

Jason

Jason, the current working number for Iturra is 904-371-3998.

I can vouch for the version of the Spinner from Highland. I bought one about 6 months ago, and it is just as described in the Iturra catalog.

Heather Thompson
11-17-2009, 7:36 AM
Just to correct the correction, his current phone number is 904-642-2802 for orders. I don't know what happened to the 904-371-3998 which is printed on his catalog, but when I called there, I got a 'disconnected' message. I don't know anything about the 'spinner', but I had my own question about my bandsaw, and emailed him at kalll@comcast.net and got a personal response in about an hour on a Sunday night, no less. As always, his answer was right on the mark (I've had other larger issues and he's always had 'the right stuff'). It is a great pleasure to be able to contact someone who really knows their stuff and has the standards that Mr. Iturra has. This is one man/company that I would buy from unconditionally without thinking about shopping anywhere else. He is very competitively priced, freight is its honest cost, and I would do anything possible to keep this guy in business. Sorry for the positive rant, but these days when I feel like everyone has their hand in my pocket, I can't help but wax poetic for someone who deserves it.

Plus 1 on the positive rant.

Heather

Tyler Howell
11-17-2009, 7:48 AM
I've had one for a number of years and love it.
Ditto on Louis I. Good man to work with

Matt Winterowd
11-17-2009, 1:02 PM
I contacted Highland Hardware regarding the bandsaw crank that they sell. It looks like the same one from Iturra, but it's not. They claim it's just as well made, though.

Jason

So, I was starting to think that I'd lost my mind and I went back to check. :confused: Highland has clearly changed their stock on this, because I have the invoice and packaging from earlier this year for the Iturra Spinner 3. Bummer for Iturra that they've apparently decided to source their own copy.

Jason White
11-18-2009, 7:24 AM
I received my new crank from Highland Hardware yesterday and installed it on my old JET bandsaw.

All I can say is... WOW!!!

I just can't understand why these aren't standard equipment on all 14" bandsaws....

Anybody know if this is the latest version of the Spinner crank from Iturra? I think they call it the "Spinner 3," but I don't see where it says that here.

Tony Zaffuto
11-18-2009, 1:31 PM
It is not the Iturra crank. I ordered one from Highland about a month ago and got a response that what they were shipping me was their own mfg. and just as good as the Iturra.

For all practical purposes, it is identical, except for the "Made in China" on the crank handle. Other than that, it works exactly as I expected--very well.

Jason White
11-18-2009, 5:23 PM
Yep -- I noticed it was made in China, too.

Damned good accessory, though!

Jason

It is not the Iturra crank. I ordered one from Highland about a month ago and got a response that what they were shipping me was their own mfg. and just as good as the Iturra.

For all practical purposes, it is identical, except for the "Made in China" on the crank handle. Other than that, it works exactly as I expected--very well.

floyd gibson
10-11-2017, 7:32 PM
Hi all;

I just talked with Louis at Iturra Designs and the spinner 3 is now spinner 5. I stripped the threads on the rod and brass nut on my Delta 14 inch bandsaw. Highlands indicated no replacement until 2018. That is why I contacted Iturra. I used 904-642-2802. They are sending me the parts right away. It will be in mail tomorrow (Thursday 10/12/2017. Louis very helpful.
Floyd