PDA

View Full Version : help out a scout troop

paul wiser
11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
one of the scoutmasters from a troop in guilderland, ny asked me if i knew someone to give a heads up to the scouts on proper use of hand tools. they are trying to get their woodworking badges. does any one from this forum live in the albany or schenectady area of new york state??? any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!! :):):):)

Denny Rice
11-10-2009, 2:01 AM
I wished I lived closer I would love to help out. My son has been in scouts since the 2nd grade, when he joined Cub Scouts, then he advanced to Webelos, and then then a very quality Boy Scout troop 4 or 5 years ago. He is now 15 and about 4 months from earning the rank of Eagle Scout. I believe the BSA is one of the greatest things a young child can join to become a young man. I have watched my son grow up in the BSA and could not be more proud of him.

John Shuk
11-10-2009, 9:41 AM
I would contact the NWA in your area. They are a very active woodworking club and without a doubt someone from the group will be willing to help. I wish I lived closer to your area as I would love to be a part of this great group of folks.
http://www.woodworker.org/

Don Orr
11-12-2009, 3:35 PM
What John said !

I'm a turner if that helps any. I can do a turning demo for them if it would help. I have, and occaisionaly use, many hand tools. There are lots of very knowledgable woodworkers in NWA. They should try and go to Showcase in the Spring up in Saratoga.