PDA

View Full Version : Some of my bottle stoppers

Richard Kagen
11-09-2009, 7:57 PM
I love making these and with some little velvet bags from Penn State they make very nice gifts.

I need to work on my photo set up a bit,

Richard Kagen
11-09-2009, 7:58 PM
one more. I made about a dozen last year, but did not take pictures for which I am sorry

Kenneth Whiting
11-09-2009, 8:15 PM
Nice bottle stoppers, I've been thinking about those. I like the holder for it, too. Haven't seen that before.

Steve Mawson
11-09-2009, 8:39 PM
Like the new idea with the holder. See some laminated wood and wondering what the other wood is? I see several brands of stoppers, so you have a favorite yet? Nice work.

Bernie Weishapl
11-09-2009, 9:24 PM
Those are some good looking stoppers. Really well done. As a side note and this comes from feedback. I stay away from the pointy ones on top because some of my customers said they don't like it when they put he stopper in it pokes the hand. Just a thought.

Richard Kagen
11-09-2009, 9:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words. My perference are the short stainless, but I have been buying whatever is on sale.

The laminate is maple, walnut, paduk. I still have lots to learn on getting the layer right next to each other, that was my last blank from this glue up so I am looking forward to the next batch.

Steve Schlumpf
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice variety of stoppers! The stopper holder - that one is a first for me! Great idea!

Richard Kagen
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I used the Harbor Freight bits, worked really well in the hardwood. 3 Piece Titanium Nitride Coated M2 High Speed Steel Step Drills - Item number=91616
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/gifs/clear.gif