PDA

View Full Version : Question for Northern Illinois woodworkers

Jerry Pittman
11-09-2009, 7:47 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Prairie Millworks in Morris, IL. I tried calling them the last couple weeks and get the message that their phone is 'temporarily out of service'. Are they doing business under a new name, or something?
Thanks,
Jerry

Chuck Stewart
11-10-2009, 1:55 PM
I live 20 miles west of there but go by it on my way to work, if it's the one I'm thinking about...south of Morris just off Route 47, unfortunately I go by there at 4:30am and back at 6:30pm which doesn't hit there open hours but I'll look on the door for ya to see..if this is not the place just give me the address and I'll load it in the Garmin and let Stewie take me there.

Chuck Stewart
11-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Sad to say Jerry but they are no longer in business at that location having been replaced by a tire dealer. A coworker that lives in Morris told me they closed shop about three months ago. I bought my one and only table saw from them around twelve years ago and I remember seeing some purple wood in there when I didn't know there was such a thing as purple wood...think it was called purple heart along with lots of other woods you don't see at the local lumber yard