PDA

View Full Version : PriceCutter router bits

Michael Erkens
11-09-2009, 4:28 PM
Has anyone out there use the PriceCutter router bits sold in the Eagle America catalog? Was just wondering if I should save a few bucks, or just go with the good ones.

Gerry Werth
11-09-2009, 4:43 PM
I have several of their bits, and they all work fine, hold an edge well too. Now, that said, I am a hobby woodworker, and don't use them every day, so take that into consideration, please.

Walter Plummer
11-09-2009, 6:08 PM
I like them. All mine have held up very well for the price. The price difference between Eagle and Price Cutter seems to be shrinking all the time though.

scott spencer
11-09-2009, 6:22 PM
I have several of the black Price Cutter bits and find them to be fairly high quality, in spite of the bargain image that the name conjurs up. It's an inaccurate and subjective rating, but I'd put them roughly at the level of the Katana and CMT bits. Note that their black bits are different than their green "Budget" bits, which I'd rate more like MLCS, Holbren, Grizzly green, Woodline, and Woodcraft but they're more expensive than those too. The price difference between the Eagle America and Price Cutter bits doesn't always equate though...often the EA bits are within a couple of bucks, but the sale prices on the Price Cutters can make them pretty attractive and they do a nice job.

harry strasil
11-09-2009, 9:28 PM
I bought the 70 pc PC set in a box, they work very well and are extremely sharp. buying the set, they were about $2 apiece on sale.