PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Diagram Symbols?

Bill Jermyn
11-09-2009, 2:29 PM
I have a bunch of electrical nameplates to make with ladder diagrams on them. Does anyone know a source of these symbols? I've been googling for about an hour and nothing so far.

Kenneth Hertzog
11-09-2009, 2:48 PM
Bill
thought I saw some of those symbols in the font section of X3
each font has a symbol section
I'm not near my home computer to help you out further.
ken

Dan Hintz
11-09-2009, 3:12 PM
If you happen to have Visio, it's filled with 'em...

Most of those are standard electrical symbols, which you should have no problem finding.

Dan Hintz
11-09-2009, 3:20 PM
See if this turns up anything useful:
http://pdfdatabase.com/index.php?q=ladder+diagram+symbols

Dan Hintz
11-09-2009, 3:23 PM
Here's one that might prove useful (should be in vector format as I could zoom in really far with no loss of quality):
http://www.isa.org/Template.cfm?Section=Books3&template=Ecommerce/FileDisplay.cfm&ProductID=9234&file=0-9766259-0-3%20CHAP2Excerpt.pdf

Or this one:
http://www.pro-face.com/product/logi/logi/pdf/ladder.pdf

George D Gabert
11-09-2009, 3:44 PM
The best way would be to have you customer supply the artwork electronically. There are subtle variations in size and location of text that may need to be met.

Also that way you will reduce the likelyhood of making a mistake in designing it yourself.

GDG

Bill Jermyn
11-10-2009, 9:40 AM
Yes, that would be peachy, but that's not gonna happen, so I guess I'll go ahead and make my own symbols. If anyone should need them in the future, just let me know.

Anyone know if I got a copy of Visio if I could import the finished drawings into CorelDraw (or maybe print direct from Visio)?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Michael Hunter
11-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Corel Draw 6 had loads of these symbols under "clipart/engineering" and I think that 9 had as well.
Have you checked your clipart disk before starting to reinvent the wheel?

Joseph B. Chritz
11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Do a search for free electronics fonts.

In CorelDraw go to Text insert symbol character

AL Ursich
11-10-2009, 2:07 PM
I learned the Ladder Logic working at Sony in the Picture Tube Plant using Omron Ladder Support Software for Factory Automation.

I know Omron has support for making artwork like that as we had some artwork on our equipment like that showing home configurations.

There are a few US made PLC or Program Logic Controllers and a call to the customer support might lead to a source of the symbols.

Good Luck,

AL

Tony Lenkic
11-10-2009, 7:05 PM
Bill,

I have worked with many PLC programs while working for automation systems builders. All of those programs have built in ladder logic symbols that work in their native program. Back then I never even used Corel or any graphic program let alone operating laser.
It may be possible to have your customer provide you with already written ladder diagram and you just have it lasered, if that is what you intend to do. To built a diagram from within Corel it will be long process and if you have one seggament wrong in the ladder there goes you profit.
The PLC programs do output to a printers so printing to PDF and importing it to Corel should work.