PDA

View Full Version : Other Christmas Projects

Mike Moffitt
11-08-2009, 9:44 PM
Here are a few other Christmas Projects we did. Kerri liked the idea of the acrylic braclets, so she is playing around with those, we did the T-Rex from the Epilog site for our nephews, we did LazerBuzz's F-15 for another nephew, we did the Family Tree for Grandma, and the frames for other Grandparents. It's been a lot of learning and probably didn't save a ton of money after all the experimenting but it sure was fun!

Mike

Mike Christen
11-08-2009, 9:49 PM
Once again very nice work, great idea for the family tree. Love to make one for my parents, care to share? Bracelets are very nice also, very creative

Mike Moffitt
11-08-2009, 9:53 PM
Mike,
I don't mind shooting you the CDR of the family tree but you will have to do quite a bit of work on it. Because each family is different, you would need to delete some leaves, limbs, etc (by removing the nods), then add back what you need. But if you want them, I'll send them your way.

mike

Bill Cunningham
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Seems to me, that a few years ago, we had a whole bunch of family tree layouts posted.. I entered "family tree" as a search keyword and about 13 pages came up from various forums on the creek.. I know the ones I seen were all in the laser forum.. Happy hunting!

Mike Christen
11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Seems to me, that a few years ago, we had a whole bunch of family tree layouts posted.. I entered "family tree" as a search keyword and about 13 pages came up from various forums on the creek.. I know the ones I seen were all in the laser forum.. Happy hunting!

Thanks for the info Bill, time to go hunting :D

Jeremy Butler
11-09-2009, 4:16 PM
On the full wood frame, is the frame and center piece of wood with the names cut in all one piece or how did you do it?

Darryl Hazen
11-09-2009, 4:35 PM
Jeremy,

You can order the frames from:

http://www.coloradoheirloom.com/Frames.html

Mike Moffitt
11-09-2009, 5:59 PM
Jeremy,
We used 1/8 or 1/4 inch ply on the wood one...it just happened to match the frame perfectly. The other one we used a piece of matte board. Both worked out really good. The matte board is more versitile because you can get it in about any color, it's cheap, and it lasers faster than the wood.

Mike

Andrea Weissenseel
11-10-2009, 3:19 AM
the bracelets are very nice, how did you paint them ?

Andrea

Mike Moffitt
11-10-2009, 9:20 AM
We just spray painted the clear acrylic black, then rastered it off and vectored it out. We were concerned about heating the paint and it bubbling or something but it did fine and I think heating it might have "cured" it.

Chuck Patterson
11-10-2009, 3:13 PM
I too am wondering how you do you do the names on the wooden picture frame (attachment #3)?

James Rambo
11-10-2009, 7:59 PM
Maybe this will help I pulled it off the Epilog website, and used it on the same page.