PDA

View Full Version : Woodturner near Greenville, NC??

Keith Palmer
11-08-2009, 9:33 PM
I am staying in Greenville this week for work and see that there is a turning meeting in Raleigh on Thursday. I am not sure if I will still be around for it, but would like to go if I am around.

Let me know if any of you are near me. It would be great to meet a fellow creeker while here!

Thanks,
Keith

Bernie Weishapl
11-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Keith if I remember rightly Big Mike Stafford who is a excellent lidded box maker. You might look him up.

Glenn Weathington
11-09-2009, 9:57 AM
Hey Keith,
I'm located in Winterville, which is few miles south of Greenville, NC. Reply to this thread or send me a PM if you have the time- I'd be happy to meet you and show you around my shop. I'm in the process of upgrading my lathe, lathe stand, and I just finished an articulated hollowing system.

Dave Schell
11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Keith, I live in Holly Springs NC on the outskirts of Raleigh. I plan to attend our local club meeting (NC Woodturners Guild) Thursday night at the Craft Center at NC State. Let me know if you plan to attend.

Mike Wilkins
11-09-2009, 5:12 PM
Hello Keith. Not a turner very often, since there are so many flat projects on the table right now. Other than Wednesday, you should have some decent weather for the week.

Keith Palmer
11-09-2009, 7:04 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses! I wish I could meet you all, but I just found out that I am heading out Tuesday night and won't have time to meet anyone or attend the meeting.

I wish I would have thought of posting sooner, since I had been here since last Tuesday:mad:, but I just thought of it last night.

Looks like more mill trials will be in my future, so maybe another time.

Thanks again everyone!
Keith