PDA

View Full Version : New Miter Saw Bench

Gredo Goldenstein
09-28-2004, 9:21 PM
I just added a miter saw bench to the shop. The design is part Norm and part our own. It was built by myself and my invaluable shop helper Angelo. (I credit him for inspiration and skill).

Although I have a few posts to my name, this is a first attempt at adding pics. Hope it works!

Don Abele
09-28-2004, 9:29 PM
Gredo, nice looking bench. I also made one similar to Norm's and have loved using it. Your storage drawers are nice and the ID tag holders are a must have for the truely organized (I think I'll consider adding them to mine).

You should think seriously about dust collection for the CMS, it's a major pain to collect and many here have tried a variety of methods.

BTW, what is the "odd" feature in the top of the 3rd photo? :p Some sort of a french curve thingy. :D

Be well,

Doc

Gredo Goldenstein
09-28-2004, 9:36 PM
Ahhh yes that french curvy thing. I have to admit it's my finger in there. My mother is the pro photographer in the family. I'll stick to wood chips. :D

Although the photos dont show it (it was added later) there is a dust collection hose that runs from the back of the saw down to the drawer side of the bench and runs behind the drawers (inside the cabinet) and out the other side where my shop vac is hooked up. I can cut MDF with very little dust. I love it!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-28-2004, 9:59 PM
Nice bench...Gredo!

Bruce Page
09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Gredo, I think you did Norm proud!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gifNice bench!http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Steve Clardy
09-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Looking good. Nice storage area also.

Welcome to the creek.

Steve

Chris Padilla
09-29-2004, 3:27 PM
All right, your first bench...it only gets "worse" from here on out! ;) Welcome to the creek!

Jerry Olexa
09-29-2004, 7:21 PM
Gredo, your project AND picture are great!! Like the cabinet:)

Kelly C. Hanna
09-29-2004, 7:57 PM
Looks good Gredo! I like the mortiser cabinet, too!