PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Generosity

Pete Jordan
11-08-2009, 5:08 PM
I received a wonderful box of birdseye maple along with a pen burl blank that I cannot identify. The box came from Steve Schlumpf. Thank you so much buddy, and I can't wait to get started!

Bernie Weishapl
11-08-2009, 8:53 PM
Pete those ought to make some beautiful pens. I really like turning maple pen blanks. Make sure ya post'em.

Steve Schlumpf
11-08-2009, 9:27 PM
Pete - I hope you and the boys can turn a few stoppers out of some of that - at least that was what I had in mind when grabbing the wood. You'll have to PM Bob Hainstock about that pen blank as he threw it in with the Birdseye. I think he said it was Ambrosia Maple - but I am not 100% on that.

Have fun with it! Had to laugh at the photo! You know you have a true woodworker when they spread wood blanks over the hood of their car just to take a photo of them! Cracked me up!!!

Dewey Torres
11-08-2009, 9:29 PM
Yes well Steve has been known to send a thing or two...
He is a standup guy!

robert hainstock
11-09-2009, 3:21 PM
I received a wonderful box of birdseye maple along with a pen burl blank that I cannot identify. The box came from Steve Schlumpf. Thank you so much buddy, and I can't wait to get started!
Pete!
I believe the burl blank was Amboyna burl. My contribution. :):)
Bob

Pete Jordan
11-09-2009, 3:28 PM
Thanks Bob!

I was just going to PM you to ask you about it. I hope to make a nice pen out of it.