PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Bushing Diameters

Clint Baxter
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I picked up several different pen/pencil kits from Woodcraft in the past. I ended up without a lathe for a time and the kits, mandrels and bushings have been in storage waiting for me to take it back up. Seeing as how I've gotten a new lathe, (the new Delta 46-460), I'm trying to get back into some pen turning. Problem is, I've got a small container where all my bushings were stored, but there is nothing on them, (leastwise that I can see with my eyes), to indicate which bushings are which. All the bushings came from Woodcraft and looking at what pen kits I have, I think I have the following bushings
#06R07 (Classic American)
#06R03 (Slimline)
146597 (Wall Street)

I also have a Taper Pen kit and, (I believe), the bushings for it. It is listed as 77A88 on the instruction sheet but doesn't list what bushings are to be used with it.

If anybody has any information on what these bushing sizes might be or would be able to measure ones they might have, I'd sure be grateful. I don't want to have to buy new ones just to figure out which ones are correct, but do want to get back into turning some wood chunks into fine writing instruments.

Thanks, Clint.

Jim McFarland
11-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Measurements of those I have...

Slimline bushings - 0.331 inches
Wall Street II (20A) bushings - 0.475 inches

Hope this helps.

Measuring the fittings on your kit(s) is probably best method.

Clint Baxter
11-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks, just tried/did some measuring on my kits and came up with the following.

Slimline = (3) @ 8.4mm (.331")
Wall Street = (2) @ 10.8mm (.425")
Taper Pen = (3) small is 9.25mm, middle is 9.75mm-10mm, large is 11.5mm
Classic American = (3) @ 10mm stepped to 12.5mm

I also have a set of bushings (3) that are .05mm larger than my Classic American ones. Not sure what they are for.

Thanks again.

Clint