PDA

View Full Version : Dust Deputy and Festool

Matt Meiser
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I was at our local Woodcraft today who now carries the plastic version of Oneidas Dust Deputy. I got a chance to try the hose fit out with a Festool hose and vac. Works great with no adapters necessary. That will definitely be going on my wishlist!

Steve Walls
11-08-2009, 1:04 AM
I have that same set-up, except I went with the version that has the small metal drum instead of the plastic, works great and saves on vac bags.

Matt Meiser
11-08-2009, 9:17 AM
saves on vac bags.

That's EXACTLY why I want it. Those suckers are expensive.

I thought about buying just the cyclone but the lid they sell with the kit is a lot nicer than the ones on the buckets I have and it comes with a hose for between the vac and cyclone that would probably cost $20 of the $40 anyway.

All along I've been thinking I'd just make a plywood base that fits into the systainer clips in the vac top. Is that what you did?

Jamie Buxton
11-08-2009, 11:45 AM
While you're building a superstructure on to your Festool vac, you could also add facilities for stowing the hose and the power cord. I'm always stumbling over mine.

edward cullen
11-08-2009, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=
All along I've been thinking I'd just make a plywood base that fits into the systainer clips in the vac top. Is that what you did?[/QUOTE]

Thats all I did, made a base that snaps right in the clips, easy on and off. works like a champ. the bad part is that the hose that comes with it is too short to go from the festool to the top now. so I had to get a longer hose.

Bob Farrell
11-08-2009, 4:59 PM
Matt,

I made a plywood base for mine with a couple of simple slots that allow it to be secured by the top clips. I think I got that idea here at SMC in a post where someone responded to you. Anyway, it's very easy to and works GREAT! I don't think I'll be using another bag for a VERY LONG time.

I bought two complete kits, one for my CT22 and one for my RIGID shop vac. They are the best things I've purchased in a while. Can't recommend them enough.

The hose that came with the kit was long enough to use with my CT22. (This statement was incorrect, it took two of the supplied hoses to connect to my CT22)