PDA

View Full Version : Military Plaque

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-07-2009, 5:11 PM
I've been ask to do plaque for a donor to a Veteran's Musuem and I need something really speical for the plaque, I thought maybe some of you might have some suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

I've got clipart but was looking for something a little more.

Mike Null
11-07-2009, 5:15 PM
Can you tell us a little more?

Steven Resnick
11-07-2009, 6:08 PM
Check out what LaseBuzz has.

www.laserbuzz.com

Steven

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-07-2009, 9:45 PM
Hey Mike, I will try, its for a plaque to be place in the museum as sort of "Thank You" because of the "large" donation they made . . . it could lead to something more (I hope), if I can come up with something to dazzle them, maybe on black granite. I thought about a flag, an eagle, and I have some but it needs something else . . . James say he has seen something with columns, a banner or banners, and that is what he is looking for but I don't see it, so to speak and if can't see it, I can't design it so I am at a stand still . . . did I mention . . . HELP!

Mike Null
11-08-2009, 8:34 AM
If you can find out if and where this person served maybe an engraving of the WWII, Korean, or Viet Nam war memorials along with appropriate text would work.

The great seal of the United States engraves well. The flag raising at Iwo Jima is a great symbol as well.

I have also used all the logos of the branches of the military.

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-08-2009, 8:38 AM
The flag raising at Iwo Jima is a great symbol as well

This gets my vote...

Scott Shepherd
11-08-2009, 8:56 AM
maybe on black granite.

Dazzle them with marble. It'll do so much better than the granite for a photograph. They will be stunned at the detail.

James & Zelma Litzmann
11-08-2009, 1:16 PM
These are all really great ideas, and I've tossed them all around, yet I am still undecided . . . as far as the marble goes, I'd rather use marble but we have granite and they need this completed by the 11th. I will let you all know what we go with, just keep us in you thoughts if you will and I'll try to post a picture later. Thank you all for you help, you are still a neverending great group of people!