PDA

View Full Version : Turned my first pen today, thanks to Woodcraft

John Coloccia
11-07-2009, 4:27 PM
They were doing a pen turning and eagle head carving event today for the troops. My wife turned two pens. I turned three. We were ridiculously happy how all 5 pens turned out and were quite proud of them.

Neither of us ever turned anything before (I've done metal lathe work, though). I think we're hooked, and what better way to be introduced to it than to do something nice for our troops, however small.

Now I have to run out a buy a lathe. Aw, shucks. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2009, 5:33 PM
Congrats John! Turning is the closest thing to instant gratification in the woodworking world!

The idiot turners here threw me into the Vortex. I'll get my shop finished someday.

Billy Tallant
11-07-2009, 5:49 PM
Congratulations John on the turnings you & your wife accomplished. I started turning pens a year ago. I'm hooked on turning pens. Enjoy your new hobby...:)

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2009, 6:44 PM
Congrats on the pen turning. Sounds to me like you will be buying two lathes. One for you and one for the wife. Sounds like a plan to me.:eek::rolleyes:;):cool::D

Don't mind Fitz he just keeps mumbling about us idiots but he has loved every minute of it.:cool:;):rolleyes: