PDA

View Full Version : Trotec / Job Control / Win XP within Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X

Steffen Heidemann
11-07-2009, 4:08 PM
Hi all,

i am trying to get a Trotec Speedy 100 running with a Mac.

I know there is no direct software support for OS X though which is why I installed and use Win XP within Parallels Desktop.

Job Control as well as the driver install fine. When 'printing' a project from Illustrator/Corel i run into some problems.

Before i jump into a problem description: Does anyone have any experience working with this setup/environment (Win XP within a Virtual Machine on Mac OS X)?

Regards,

Steffen

Bob McGinn
11-07-2009, 4:25 PM
Not specifically Parallels - Running VMware Fusion - XP virtual machine. Have a number of USB interfaces running this way. What kind of issue are you having?

Steffen Heidemann
11-07-2009, 4:34 PM
I have a job/project prepared in e.g. Illustrator.

I use one color (Black, RGB 0 0 0) for engraving and one color (RED 255 0 0) for vector cutting.

I 'print' the file via the Trotec driver, all options set correctly.

Job Control recieves and positions the Job. The page size is correct.

BUT: The preview (wysisyg) shows a completely black file, as if the whole page is registered as a 'fill' and about to be engraved. Cutting lines (red) seem to be unaffected.

Recreated every step on a 'regular' PC and everything seems ok.

Ideas?

donald bugansky
11-07-2009, 5:41 PM
Steffen,

I use a Mac on my Trotec Speedy 300 via Parallels and also via bootcamp partition.

I assume you are using Parallels Desktop 4 and Job Control 9.3.4? Parallels 5 was just released so you may want to upgrade. What mode is Parallels running, window or coherence?

There are 3 ways to do this...
1) Set-up bootcamp partition and just install/boot to XP.
2) Set-up bootcamp partition with XP and then have Parallels access that bootcamp partition.
3) Set-up Parallels and install XP into Parallels.

Lastly, Adobe products (Illustrator) can cause some issues. Did you try Corel to see if problem still exists.

I run options 1 and 2 with Corel X4 and it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Steffen Heidemann
11-07-2009, 5:57 PM
Donald,

I am running Parallels Desktop 4 and Job Control 9.3.4. The driver version is 9.3.2 i think.

Bootcamp is not an option for me so far.

Tried Corel X4 trial today, same results as with Illustrator CS3.

I currently only tried Parallels in window-mode, not coherence yet. Will def. try that out.

Do you know what the executable createMiniDump.exe does? I get an error in Parallels with it on boot. On the pure PC i deactivated it manually in the task manager, does not seem to affect anything though, it's not missed.

Thanks, Steffen

donald bugansky
11-07-2009, 6:16 PM
What type of Mac are you using? Intel chipset?

Steffen Heidemann
11-07-2009, 6:20 PM
Yes, it's and Intel based late 2008 Macbook Pro.

I 'switched' to OS X 10.6 some days ago which did not play out to be the best decision so far.

But i doubt it affects what happens inside Parallels, at least according to their FAQ.

ps. tried all Parallels modes, coherence/window etc. no difference.

donald bugansky
11-07-2009, 6:47 PM
PM waiting for you.

martin peralta
09-25-2011, 1:17 AM
Hello People!

I just buy a Trotec 100 30W (in Argentina) and I have a Mac (MacBook Pro 2009)
and I want to know if I can run the Trotec with mac, I read already but I dont understand what means "Bootcamp"

Can I "Bootcamp" my Mac, and...that is forever?

Everybody who works with mac + trotec agree this combination?
or is better to run the Trotec on Windows (PC)?
thanks!!
Martin

Computer > MacBook Pro
Laser > trotec 100 - 30W