PDA

View Full Version : 3520B Question

gary Zimmel
11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
After rearranging my shop to fit my new beast in it looks like I have a place for it to live....
I hope to get the electrical run to it tomorrow so I can give it a spin.

However I have a question to all the experts.
The rule book say that one is not supposed to adjust anything on the inverter.
It comes preset or programed from the plant.
I'm OK with the rules.
But..
The dial has a setting from min. to max.
My dial is at min.

Is this where it is supposed to be??
And what does this dial for?

Ken Fitzgerald
11-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Gary,

I'll have to go look at mine and see if it's labeled. That being said, it could have a multitude of possible uses. It could be an output current limit...it could be a frequency adjustment......it could be an adjustment for a protection circuit on the 3-phase inverter. I don't have a clue but I'd advise not adjusting it unless advised by someone who know for sure what it does and when and how to adjust it properly.

Mike Lipke
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
You can turn that any way you want and it won't matter, as a series of commands must be entered before the dial sets anything. There are scores of settings, but you have to know a bunch about the inverter before you can do anything but mess it up.

Richard Madison
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Wondered about that too, as mine seems to have no effect. Thanks Mike.

alex carey
11-07-2009, 3:44 AM
I have no idea if this is it but I at one point noticed a correlation between the dial and how fast the piece of wood slows down after you turn off the lathe. Not sure if I was out of my mind when this happened, but i was messing around with it because my brother had changed it unknowingly and this is what it seemed like to me.

Jeff Nicol
11-07-2009, 6:16 AM
The little dial on the VFD is for when you are using it as your control box directly and it is not connected to the remotes on the front of the machine. Like already has been said you must know all the programming options to change anything. The manual is available on line, but there really is no reason to change anything, unless you want to change the slow start to a longer time or the ramp down speed when you shut the machine down.

Jeff

gary Zimmel
11-07-2009, 9:28 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

I will feel a lot better plugging it in today..

Reed Gray
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I am not positive about this, but I think you are locked out of changing the settings on the box by a code from PM. Primary reason is to protect us from ourselves and the mischief of others, intentional or not. Braking time can be adjusted as well as speeds, both minimum and maximum, torque, and rpms. Too many opportunities for us to screw it up.

robo hippy