PDA

View Full Version : Question on Grizzly Pricing

Todd Moody
11-06-2009, 8:21 AM
I've been close to purchasing a G0691 table saw and G0490 jointer for months now. just.. one.. click..

I'm curious if anyone has seen systematic price increases around the turn of the year from Grizzly. It would be good to know the cost of waiting to purchase.

Respectfully
-Todd

Jim O'Dell
11-06-2009, 8:33 AM
Normally their new catalog comes out mid December, or a little earlier. It would be the best indicator. But they seem to have been having a lot more specials this year than in years past. With the economy still down, that could continue. Time will tell.
Have you seen the ad for the Grizzly Holiday sale? G0691 is 1215.00 shipped! Even if it doesn't go up in price, as alluded to in the 2009 catalogue calling it an introductory price at 1350.00 + shipping, the 1215.00 is probably the best price we'll see on it. I haven't tracked the G0490, and I don't believe it is in the Holiday Sale ad. At least I didn't see it in the link that was provided in the Deals forum above (I think that link is on the 2nd page now).
Maybe Santa will be really good to you this year?!?! :rolleyes: Jim.

Rick Fisher
11-06-2009, 2:59 PM
The US dollar has been weak .. This should cause price increases at Grizzly and most of the sellers..

If the US dollar continues on its recent downward trend, expect price hikes in the new year..

I think for Grizzly, this will be a tough decision because they post prices which ideally last all year?

If the USD loses another 15% ..Which some feel it will, it will drive the price of machinery up even higher..

Todd Moody
11-09-2009, 6:41 PM
Well I finally did it. I ordered a new Grizzly G0691 table saw, G0490 jointer & shelix cutterhead, and the G0453 15" planer. The current pricing is really good, and if I don't order soon, the snow will start piling up and I won't be able to get these pieces of equipment into my basement through the walkout.. Its going to be a lot of cleaning & setting up for me for the next few weeks. Here's hoping.. REALLY hoping for a smooth shipping experience from PA to Upstate NY.

-Todd

Jim O'Dell
11-09-2009, 7:20 PM
Well I finally did it. I ordered a new Grizzly G0691 table saw, G0490 jointer & shelix cutterhead, and the G0453 15" planer. The current pricing is really good, and if I don't order soon, the snow will start piling up and I won't be able to get these pieces of equipment into my basement through the walkout.. Its going to be a lot of cleaning & setting up for me for the next few weeks. Here's hoping.. REALLY hoping for a smooth shipping experience from PA to Upstate NY.

-Todd

Congrats!! And ditto on the shipping! Jim.

Todd Moody
11-09-2009, 8:18 PM
I almost forgot! Shame on me!

Thanks, Jim, for that link to the Holiday flyer! You saved me a few bucks, enough to push me from wishy-washer on the decision to actually going for it.

My wife even got sick of me waffling and said "order that crap already!" I'll forgive her for calling it crap in light of her odd way of voicing approval haha

-Todd