PDA

View Full Version : Oh here we go again

Brian Ashton
11-06-2009, 5:03 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to bring the wallet out without the uncontrollable desire to spend money at LV. They just came out with a spill plane. Not the must have but still one of those little gadgets that will look good next to that lonely (put tool name here) siting on the shelf... I was eventually going to make one just for the curiosity of it but for the price they're asking it's hardly worth it.

Graham Hughes (CA)
11-06-2009, 1:39 PM
A spill plane I would never have expected. And now of course I need one, despite having no conceivable use for it. Ha!

daniel lane
11-06-2009, 2:35 PM
Ha ha! I'm with you, Graham. I'm dying to find a use for it so I can buy it! :D

daniel

Gary Herrmann
11-06-2009, 4:38 PM
Makes me think about cutoffs and kindling for the fireplace. Going to try to refrain though. I think I'd rather get that tiny shoulder plane.

Bob Easton
11-06-2009, 7:03 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to bring the wallet out without the uncontrollable desire to spend money at LV. They just came out with a spill plane. ...

Wouldn't it be nice to include a link so the rest of us don't have to go wandering through a "Where's Waldo" hunt for the item?

Such as: look here (http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=64338&cat=1,41182).

george wilson
11-06-2009, 8:30 PM
I guess you could carefully glue the spills together and make your own wooden straws.:)

Jim Koepke
11-06-2009, 9:00 PM
A spill plane I would never have expected. And now of course I need one, despite having no conceivable use for it. Ha!

Ha ha! I'm with you, Graham. I'm dying to find a use for it so I can buy it! :D

daniel

Yeah, probably not a lot of cold nights in Santa Barbara or Fresno where one wants for a wood stove.

Up here though, some people keep theirs going almost 24/7 through the could months. Lots of free wood that isn't good for much other than burning. And this is the warmer part of the state during the winter.

jim

jerry nazard
11-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Great for cheese straws....

Brian Ashton
11-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to include a link so the rest of us don't have to go wandering through a "Where's Waldo" hunt for the item?

Such as: look here (http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=64338&cat=1,41182).

What! your computer doesn't boot and load the lee valley what's new page as the desktop background? :D

And since this is my thread I'll hijack it... Have you ever noticed that the pickins are very slim for Veritas on that auction site; whereas there are heaps of LN's to pick from?

David Gendron
11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Yea, I could use one of these early in october and then that's it... the wood stove kind of burn around the clock up here!