PDA

View Full Version : Badger pond CD update

Andrew Field
03-26-2003, 5:25 AM
I figure it’s time for an update on the progress of the CD….

I was hopeing to have the CD’s ready for shipping, but I am currently about 2-3 weeks behind schedule. The data normalization (process of taking the raw data from Wayne and cleaning it up) has taken a lot longer then expected, mainly due to the large amount of problems with the original data (duplicate messages/threads, misspelled tags, missing messages, ect.).

I am hoping to have most of the work done by Monday and a preview of the cd (basicly the CD with a small subset of messages) up on the site for downloading. I then want to have the CD tested a bit.

The mugs are in and they are very nice. If everyone follows through with there orders, then I will have about 50 mugs left order, so there are plenty left if you want one.

You will get two more emails, one when the preview is up, and one when the CD is ready for shipping.

If you want to modify your order then go to HTTP://www.winisp.net/a_field/badgerpond.html

Also, the cd will include ALL messages from htools and ptools as well as all images. I even made an attempt to copy down images from other peoples servers so that they will all be contained within the CD. Oh, and it will all fit and run off one CD.

Tom Sweeney
03-26-2003, 10:08 AM
I appreciate all of your efforts in taking on this project - another few weeks is no big deal.

Question: Seeing as how I have recently moved from Pennsylvania to the state of confusion :confused: , I apparantly missed a step in the order confirmation process.

Can I just go to the site & start a new order by going to the pre order page? I don't want to muck up the works any. I know I signed up to be on the list originally but when I go to the view to order there is no record.

Thanks again

Andrew Field
03-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Yup, you can re-enter your order. I am going through the orders and deleting dups and such.

Jim Izat
03-26-2003, 1:02 PM
Apprecitate it Andrew. Can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks I've thought to go search the archives and then remembered they aren't there any more.

Jim Izat

Ted Shrader
03-26-2003, 6:01 PM
Originally posted by Jim Izat
. . . . Can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks I've thought to go search the archives and then remembered they aren't there any more.
Jim Izat

My thoughts exactly - specifically on Tuesday this week.

Ted