PDA

View Full Version : Challenge of the week...

Peter Meacham
11-05-2009, 8:05 PM
OK, clever designers needed here.

We need to make an award or trophy (preferred) for the “Best Ticket Sales” for a Pancake Breakfast. A bit of a novelty award/trophy I guess.

Anyway, I have searched high and low on the Internet for a ready make award/trophy featuring a Pancake and maybe a whisk, etc., and would you believe there are none to be had. Wouldn’t you think that would be a popular subject??

Anyway, does anyone have any art work with pancakes, cooking, etc or do you have any ideas for an appropriate award or trophy?

All ideas welcomed please…

Dave Lock
11-05-2009, 8:14 PM
Probably of no use but it's all I could find:

Peter Meacham
11-05-2009, 8:28 PM
Dave - they look mighty good and delicious – add a little New England Maple Syrup and we are there – thanks for that input.

Mike Christen
11-06-2009, 7:20 AM
This might work

Jim Beachler
11-06-2009, 8:13 AM
How about a base with a whisk and spatula crossed and call it the "Order of the Pancake"? The engraving would be on the base. The spatula and whisk could be glued in to holes in the top with Gorrilla glue. A drop or two of super glue where the two pieces cross to keep them together.

Just an idea!

Greg Bednar
11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't know what your price point is. That being said, dovetailing with Jim's suggestion, a gold plated spatula and whisk would set it apart. The three step paint process for "gold plating" would be the cheaper way to go and look good for your project. Should you decide to go this route, I believe Marc Myer can help you out.

Peter Meacham
11-06-2009, 4:07 PM
Thanks for all the great inputs - I will have to check with the customer to see what the price limits are - thanks again - Pete

Bill Cunningham
11-07-2009, 9:53 PM
This first thing that came to 'my' mind was the nursery rhyme about the three little monkeys..
1 Had a fiddle
1 Had a drum
1 Had a pancake sticking to his bum.

But then again, 'my' mind can, from time to time, be a bit weird..:D