PDA

View Full Version : Sears 10" Band Saw

Dan Manning
11-05-2009, 4:43 PM
Was at my BIL's garage recently, and spotted the band saw sitting in a lonesome corner. (He's not a wood-worker, btw.) I stated that I might have a blade for it... He stated, 'Take it home, you can have it'. Well looking it over, I found that the drive/idler bands deteriorated off the wheels. I googled the model # and can't find anything related to parts or support. Other than that, it looks almost new.

Before I go through the motions of this does anyone know the process? Any response will be a step foreward.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Barry Vabeach
11-05-2009, 4:54 PM
Dan, Sears usually buys its tools from other manufacturers and has them rebadged, so if you can find out the original manufacturer, you might be able to locate parts that way, if Sears can't help. For the last several years Sears has been selling a 10 inch bandsaw that I understand is made by Rikon - it has ball bearing guides, is that the model you have, or do you have an earlier one?

Dan Manning
11-05-2009, 5:09 PM
My next trip to his house, (I'm currently making a shadow box for his kitchen cabinets, and other woodwork,) I'm gonna pull it and see if I can get more info on it. I just don't want to lug it home, just to find I'm now stuck with it. You see, he doesn't do woodworking, only to cut scraps for the fire pit, or braces, it's an outside garage location with a dirt floor...Other than that it's in new condition, and needs to be put to some real work for a change.

Myk Rian
11-05-2009, 5:12 PM
Go here; http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action
and input the model number.

glenn bradley
11-05-2009, 5:16 PM
Post a pic of it. Something like this maybe?

scott spencer
11-05-2009, 5:16 PM
Dan - A pic and a model # might be helpful to narrow the field.

Dan Manning
11-05-2009, 5:17 PM
Pulls up a diagram of the table/bracket assembly. Been there...:(

Still digging as we speak...

Dan Manning
11-05-2009, 5:20 PM
Orange body, rounded edges, model # off the back is 113-24400. Will definetly grab pics when I'm there and post them.

Thanks in advance so far...
Mabe when I stated that it was 'like new', I kinda meant that it was in real good shape. I'm certain from the previous pics, it's an older model. Hope this helps.

Dan Manning
11-11-2009, 9:44 PM
Sorry to bring this post back from the scrap pile, but I fell over the part I need. They are referred to as 'tires'. Go figure. Now I'm polishing the keyboard looking for an outlet and prices. I am going to my BIL's to finish up the kitchen cabinets this weekend, so I now won't hesitate to throw the BS in the truck. And make a home for it when I get back to the shop.

Thanks to all with the help.