PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Shop Fox F-style clamps.

James Williams 007
11-05-2009, 2:30 PM
I was looking through the Grizzly catalog and came across the Shop Fox F-style clamps. The bars look similar to the Bessey Tradesman style and I love the few that I have and need more but they are priced quiet a bit high. Has anyone ordered the Shop Fox clamps and are they any good. I have a few f-style cheapos that I picked up from Rockler and other places with the smooth bars they warp with any kind of really pressure.

Mr. Jeff Smith
11-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm interested in feedback on these too, so bump. :)

Arvid Podsim
11-06-2009, 7:25 PM
I purchased 12 x of the 18" clamps over 2 years ago and found them to be OK. They are "heavy duty" and have performed well over the years. The only complaint is that the plastic RED covers on fixed end slip off easy and should have been be made of better quality material.

John M Bailey
11-06-2009, 9:41 PM
I have over 20 of these clamps, and I am very happy with them. I am impressed with the screw on these. They have a hardened, smooth, large acme thread type. The smooth finished threads and the heavy bar make these work very good.
The casting is not as nice as the Tradesman, and the paint is not as good. But, where it counts (bar and threads) they are great.

Jim Butterfield
11-07-2009, 1:50 AM
I have four of the larger ones (48"). They're not good. One no longer holds (it slips) and they're all prone to rust in moist environments -- not a problem with Rocklers, Besseys, and others. Based on my experience, it's a case of you get what you pay for.