PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Boards

Brian Robison
11-04-2009, 2:53 PM
Any one have a good source for cutting boards?

Tim Baude
11-04-2009, 7:54 PM
I would be interested also. Have picked them up here and there when I see them on sale at a salvage store or such. The ones I do, people love, but have no consistent source, so always is hit or miss and can not market. Hope someone has a good source.
Thanks
Tim

AL Ursich
11-04-2009, 7:59 PM
For the price and selection.... Wally Mart..... Even the Bamboo ones too....

AL

travis howe
11-04-2009, 8:52 PM
Do you not want to make your own cutting boards?

Too bad we weren't closer I could cook them out for you real quick!:)

Travis

Brian J Rogalny
11-04-2009, 9:19 PM
I found really cheap bamboo cutting boards in TJ MAXX the engraved really nice

Steve Stram
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
If you are interested in solid surface, like Corian, then try Menards. I believe they are at the $10 price point for larger than square foot.

Steve.

Garrett Nors
11-05-2009, 4:31 AM
We use or local countertop manufacurer for corian and the like, the boards are dirt cheap because they are actually the cut outs for sinks. They just throw them away so we snatch them up and get them to bevel the edges. We also get them to colorfill them and finish them for a really beautiful effect.

Bob Heltibridle
11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I have used these folks for glassware as well
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/fourth927/products/wooden-cutting-boards.html

Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

Janet Liddiard
11-05-2009, 3:09 PM
I just found a place that is selling wooden cutting boards for $1.00 a piece! Obvoiusly, they're not top of the line, but for a basic engraving on a cutting board, I think they'll be great. I just ordered about 100 of them (you do have to order by the case) and shipping was very reasonable. In fact, I called them and they even gave me a coupon code to use for a discount. The website is rhinomart.com. You have to register to see prices, but it just takes a minute. Happy shopping!

Bill Cunningham
11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
This one only cost me a buck at a local discount store

Alexa Ristow
11-06-2009, 3:34 AM
Wow - I have been wanting to do a cutting board for a while now and after seeing yours I am inspired!!

Mark Ross
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
But obviously you don't cut on an engraved board right? The whole, things getting gunked up in the engraved area...

Garrett Nors
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
But obviously you don't cut on an engraved board right? The whole, things getting gunked up in the engraved area...

We tell our customers to flip the board over if they actually want to use it :D

Dan Hintz
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
If you go with a polyethylene board, you can color-fill in your choice of food-safe colors using the same stuff used to join Corian.

Mark Ross
11-06-2009, 4:56 PM
We tell our customers to flip the board over if they actually want to use it :D

DOH! Why didn't I think of that. But what if I am using a cleaver and I have a cutting board that has a picture of the ex on it? Can't I smash the cleaver repeatedly against the cutting board?

Come to think of it, that wouldn't be a good idea. If I started putting pictures of all the ex's on cutting boards...Al Gore would scold me for causing such a massive deforestation!

I'll just to the Zen and DILLIGAF thing instead...I do like the idea of decorating in the kitchen and still having the functionality by turning it over...I would have NEVER thought of that (I ain't joking either...).

Oooh...wait...a granite cutting board...that we could laser and still use...

Dan Hintz
11-06-2009, 6:58 PM
No granite... that would destroy knives in short order... decoration only.

Bill Cunningham
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
A lot of times, cutting boards (like the one I posted) are generally just wall hangers.. The one above is engraved from a picture of my daughters farm that was taken from the air in the 60's, and came with the property when they bought it. The barn and the driving sheds are now gone, but the house has been standing for 150 years.. I made it as a house warming present, and it now hangs in their kitchen. I just came back from there this evening after a day of 'deer searching' I'm gonna have to throw some carrots in the water to thicken up that 'track soup':(