PDA

View Full Version : Step & Repeat in Corel 12

Steven Resnick
11-03-2009, 8:36 PM
Can someone tell me if there is a way to do step and repeat in Corel 12
Example: Draw a 1"box and repeat it 4 across and 3 down with 1/4" space between the boxes and 1/2" off the edges.

Thanks,
Steven

Tom Bull
11-03-2009, 9:36 PM
In x3 there is control+D which duplicates. When you move the duplicate to a position and control+D again the new duplicate is postioned in the same relative place to the 1st duplicate as the 1st duplicate was to the original. Boy that is clear as mud, but try it and see if it does what you are asking.

Jeff Bratt
11-04-2009, 2:11 AM
To elaborate on the Duplicate function - Ctrl-D, or Edit, Duplicate:
Go to Tools, Options, Document, General and you can specify the offset distance - horiz and vert - for placing duplicates.

Mike Null
11-04-2009, 7:00 AM
Check to see if step and repeat isn't under the edit menu. I believe that feature was in older versions of CD.

Jeff Bratt
11-04-2009, 1:41 PM
Check to see if step and repeat isn't under the edit menu. I believe that feature was in older versions of CD.

I believe Step and Repeat was added somewhere between ver 9 and X4. I don't know whether or not it's in version 12 (X2). Step and Repeat is a better choice, if it's is available - as Mike said, it would be under the Edit menu. The Options setting for Duplicate placement has been in CorelDraw forever.