PDA

View Full Version : Here are the rest

Jeff Nicol
11-03-2009, 7:45 PM
This group is a flat topped HF with a large void some spalting, figure and inclusions. The top rim is made black with a marker. The next is spalted white birch bowl with a NE about 7"x3" the last one is a bowl made from spalted cottonwood with a bead around the top with friction burnt accents. It is 9"x4". Lots more to come but working on the cradle for our grandbaby this week. These pictures could be better but I was in a hurry.

Jeff

Harvey Ghesser
11-03-2009, 8:06 PM
Hi Jeff,

Love the hollow forms! Very unique. Nice work!:D

Harv

alex carey
11-03-2009, 8:09 PM
This may sound odd, but you can explain the first picture? I don't understand how you turned this piece, it's like there is no real bottom. Is that all turned or is that natural?

Bernie Weishapl
11-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow Jeff more beauties. Really like the first HF.

Steve Schlumpf
11-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Jeff - looks great! Really like the HF - especially all the curl I see in the second photo!

Good luck with your sales!

Bill Bolen
11-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Another fine group. Love the one in pic 2. That flat top really floats my boat...Bill..

Jeff Nicol
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
The first 2 pics are of the same piece, just different angles. Here is what is missing! So it balances on the base just right and was fun to turn! It was a wonderful piece of wood that I got from a scrap bin at a Menards store for free! It is all hollowed through the hole in the top. Thanks for all your great comments!

Jeff

alex carey
11-04-2009, 12:06 AM
ok gotcha, now i got my bearings, this piece was confusing the hell out of me. That is quite a big hole and must have been damn scary.