PDA

View Full Version : Whew, finally finished this project!!!

MichaelA Cooper
11-03-2009, 11:44 AM
This was about the hardest wood working project I've ever built!
Made all the molding myself on my router table and it was a chore!
It was worth it though, I am very happy with the result!
Without some help, I would have ruined the finish but using folks' tips it came out fine!
The slide out shelf you see in the pic is for the monitor of my pc. I figured my recliner would sit far enough away from the cabinet that I'll be able to open the drawers, so I wanted to be able to have the monitor pull out where it would be easy to view. I moved the cabinet into my den yesterday and loaded it up with my pc and stuff and its great!!!
The slide out for the monitor works perfect and the monitor is at just the right distance and angle.
Thanks for checking out my thread guys!!!!
Michael

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/L6steel/WoodWorking/cabinetforden2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/L6steel/WoodWorking/cabinetforden5.jpg

GERALD HARGROVE
11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Looks great, well worth the wait I am sure.

John Keeton
11-03-2009, 1:17 PM
Excellent build! The finish looks good, and suits the style of the piece. Looks to be very functional.

That router work is not exactly fun!

gary Zimmel
11-03-2009, 6:39 PM
Got to love it when the whole thing comes together Michael.

Bonus points for making the moldings..
Great job on the build.

John Michaels
11-04-2009, 1:07 AM
I like it!! I bought a computer amoire years ago with a slide out tray for the keyboard, but yours sure beats the pants off mine.

Nice Job!!

Roger Pozzi
11-04-2009, 7:44 AM
Beautiful work, great finish too!!
I'm sure that will work nicely and look good in it's setting.

John Thompson
11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Very nice Michael. Don't you love doing all that work and then "having" to cut a hole in the back so electrical wires can come through? :) I know I do!

Well done...

Harvey Rogers
01-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi, Michael.

This looks great. Any chance you could post a pic of it set up with your recliner? I've been pondering a very similar project to use with my new recliner and am curious to see how it looks in the room.

Thanks!

Harvey