PDA

View Full Version : pattern adjustments

sal shepherd
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I need to adjust some slots in paterns. I have been using the shape tool drawing a rectangle to select nodes. I make a box the size of slot needed. than move nodes. Is there an easier an accurate way to do this? Sometines when I adjust the 2 or however many parts they are off.

Lee DeRaud
11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I need to adjust some slots in paterns. I have been using the shape tool drawing a rectangle to select nodes. I make a box the size of slot needed. than move nodes. Is there an easier an accurate way to do this? Sometines when I adjust the 2 or however many parts they are off.IMHO you're doing it (pretty close to) right. When I get a pattern with slots, first thing I do is overlay them (with boxes) in a different color, then use the shape tool to delete the nodes that define the original slots. Makes it a lot easier to adjust the width when they're not attached to the rest of the piece.

Andrea Weissenseel
11-03-2009, 1:37 AM
Is this CorelDraw you ask about ? If I need a slot in a design, I draw a rectangle in the needed width and use the cut tool from the "forms" menu

Andrea

Lee DeRaud
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Is this CorelDraw you ask about ? If I need a slot in a design, I draw a rectangle in the needed width and use the cut tool from the "forms" menuYup. But a lot of times we get designs from other people with the slots already in them...and pursuant to Murphy's Law, they're almost always the wrong width slots for whatever material we intend to use. (Not to mention enough variation in "nominal thickness" to make life more interesting than necessary.)