PDA

View Full Version : Great stuff by Paul

Harlan Barnhart
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Last weekend I stopped by an antique shop in Fredrich MD, or should I say antique warehouse. This guy has an amazing amount of interesting things for woodworkers to look at. It's really worth the trip if you are into joinery, especially Chinese pieces. There were several hundred tables stacked three or four deep, lighter dinning tables on top and heavy workbenches on the bottom. Most from Asia but a lot from Europe as well. Every sort of Joint imaginable was represented. There were also hundreds of Chinese window panels with fancy, hand cut grid work, benches from temples doors and large gates, every sort of seating you can think of and some you never knew existed, gouged out "bread troughs" four feet long from a single log, and much, much more. I wish I had snapped a few pictures. He seems really low key and doesn't mind someone poking around over and under to see how things are made. He has a web site but its far more impressive in person.

Google "great stuff by Paul".

Bruce Page
11-03-2009, 2:46 AM
There used to be a place called the Antique Emporium in So Cal that had thousands of antiques like that. I spent hours/days in that place!