PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jenkins Tip in PW Magazine

Waymon Campbell
09-27-2004, 5:59 PM
Our own Steve Jenkins has a shop tip published in the November issue of Popular Woodworking. Way to go Steve and a nice tip too!!! :cool:

Steve Jenkins
09-28-2004, 8:11 AM
Thanks Waymon.
Actually I need to thank Sophie, THANKS SOPHIE, for the tip getting in there. I had shown it to Sophie at our BBQ last year and he made one and posted it . Someone from the mag. saw it and called him about printing it. He was kind enough to attribute it to me so they called me.
Like so many jigs and things though, I'm sure that this one has been "invented" by many different people over the years. I know that in reading the tips and hints in mags I see many of the same ideas being presented every few years and I'm I'm sure this will continue as long as there are wooodworkers being innovative and trying to make things simpler, safer,more accurate. Steve

Kelly C. Hanna
09-28-2004, 8:20 AM
Congratulations Steve! Ideas are always getting better, I'll bet yours has a new twist to it somewhere.

Mike Mastin
09-28-2004, 8:23 AM
Steve,

Your skills and knowledge of woodworking are so great I am continually amazed by your sheer modesty. I have never know a finer woodworker or one that has the depth of understanding of what it takes to get from an idea to finished work of art. Congrats on the published tip!