PDA

View Full Version : I'm in awe......

donald bugansky
11-02-2009, 9:39 PM
I want to take a moment to just say how much I appreciate the fellowship of this forum. Candidly, I'm in awe on how complete strangers, held together by a single thread (no pun intended) & common interest of laser engraving are so generous with their time, talent & experience.

I made a simple mention of laser engraving tile (as I'm new to this whole laser thing) and a box shows up at my house today with some tile samples to try not to mention other items as well. I was taken aback by the generosity, kindness and consideration from such a special group of people.

I won't get "mushy" as I don't want to short circuit my keyboard, but a sincere thank you to Dee for her kindness not to mention the help I've received from folks like, Steve, Mike, Lee, Keith, George, Keith, Bill, Dave and too many others to mention.

I promise to strive to "pay forward" in any way I can to help others members of this forum in a humble attempt to say thanks to each and every one of you.

Bugs

Frank Corker
11-03-2009, 7:08 AM
I agree with you Bugs, this is why this forum continues to be the best there is, no one holds back. I live in the UK and your experience has been extended all the way to here. I just love this site and the members.

Scott Shepherd
11-03-2009, 7:36 AM
Wow Bugs, that's excellent. Let me see if it works for me......

I was curious about engraving on $20 bills.....

PM me for my address :D

Scott Challoner
11-03-2009, 8:53 AM

I've got a batch drying in the basement. I'll let you know when they're ready.:rolleyes:

Anthony Scira
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Awesome to hear stories like that !

Dee Gallo
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I think we have all been on the receiving end of some kindness at the Creek, and it seems like there are lots of people always ready with a helpful hint, technical advice, donations to FreeStuff or whatever, donations of free files or clipart , even people who have done free work for others. This is truly a great forum which I'm happy to have found. There have been many people who went out of their way to help me! Friendships have been formed which you don't find every day whether online or on the street.

And for those who are new, it really is a great day when you get to a point where you can help someone who is just starting out - it feels better to give than receive!

cheers to all, dee

Bill Cunningham
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Hey didn't Soupy Sales try that once ? (R.I.P. Soupy)
"Hey kids go into your mothers purse and send me bits of green paper with pictures of men with beards on them"...:D
(I don't know how old you are.. ha.. maybe I just 'dated' myself):rolleyes: