PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0691 ordered

Gerry Werth
11-02-2009, 7:40 PM
Well, Scot V, I just ordered my G0691 table saw. We will see how it arrives, and I will post pictures. Wood magazine sale for $1215, and free shipping. Whoohoo!!!

Stan Mitchell
11-02-2009, 9:04 PM
Congratulations. I think you'll like - mine has been terrific.

So, how did you get it for $1215? - website shows it at $1350.

Gerry Werth
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Wood magazine posted sale price at 1215 plus free shipping. I'm psyched!!

Stan Mitchell
11-02-2009, 10:58 PM
So I take it that you had to call them - not an online purchase?

Gerry Werth
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, I had to call them, I tried on-line, but couldn't enter the sale code to get this price.

scott vroom
11-03-2009, 1:45 AM
Congrats Gerry, and an excellent price to boot! I'm loving my 0690, it's one sweet machine. I just bought a Freud dado set, cuts hardwood like butter.

Enjoy!

Gerry Werth
11-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks Scott, can't wait for it to arrive. Good to know it cuts hardwood like butter. My old Craftsman struggles with red oak. Glad you love yours too. Lots of good reports on this saw on SMC and other forums.

Jim O'Dell
11-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Congrats Gerry! I'll be able to order mine by the end of December. It's been a long year saving for it and I KNOW everyone here is tired of hearing about it.:D
I looked at the online copy (that was posted here a few days ago) of the ad last night but couldn't find a code to plug in to get the price. Is it in the magazine copy? Anxious to hear your report when it arrives! Jim.

Stephen Edwards
11-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats Gerry! I'll be able to order mine by the end of December. It's been a long year saving for it and I KNOW everyone here is tired of hearing about it.:D

I'm not tired of hearing about it! In fact, I've been rooting for you and am encouraged by your perseverance to save up for the machine that you want.

Best Wishes,

Paul Ryan
11-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I looked at the online copy (that was posted here a few days ago) of the ad last night but couldn't find a code to plug in to get the price. Is it in the magazine copy? Anxious to hear your report when it arrives! Jim.

Jim,

The pricing code is at the lower left hand corner of the inside front cover (1st page of the Grizzly add). The code in my magazine is 09WOODM good luck.

Gerry Werth
11-03-2009, 1:01 PM

Jim, I tried the online, but could not enter the code from Wood magazine. The sale is from 2 Nov to 31 Dec. Code is 09WOODM. I'm pretty sure you have to call their 800 # to get this price and free shipping. You can certainly save a few bucks with this sale, and since you have been saving all year you might have some extra $$ for..???

Rob Robinson VT
11-03-2009, 1:34 PM
Wonder if they're ever going to add this "sale" to the website? Can't see how I can pass this one up before it ends, even if it means moving the TS into my shop before I'm really ready for it. However, not the worst problem I can think of! :D

Jim O'Dell
11-03-2009, 3:16 PM
Thanks guys! And for the sale code, too. The online version of the ad doesn't have it, or I missed it...again. :rolleyes: OH, there it is. Camouflaged into the telephone! Since it says to mention the code when ordering, my guess is they won't have it on the web site.
I'm still about 200.00 away from ordering. Probably won't have any extra $$s though. Maybe ehough for a new combo blade. Jim.

Rob Robinson VT
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys! And for the sale code, too. The online version of the ad doesn't have it, or I missed it...again. :rolleyes: OH, there it is. Camouflaged into the telephone! Since it says to mention the code when ordering, my guess is they won't have it on the web site.
I'm still about 200.00 away from ordering. Probably won't have any extra $$s though. Maybe ehough for a new combo blade. Jim.
Jim, I can sympathize as I'm in the same situation. :( Saved for a couple of years to build my barn/woodshop and wasn't planning to add a new TS until next Spring but this sale is probably too good to pass up! I'd still prefer to have a SawStop but there's just too great a price differential that I need for my DC and other items. Good luck and let us know how the ordering process goes.

Greg Wittler
11-04-2009, 10:59 AM
While Sufing the Grizz site Monday I was bummed when I saw that they took away the free shipping for this saw, and then last night I saw the Ad in Wood and was even happier because of the free shipping & the lower price, AND I have another month to scrounge up some funds.;)

Nick Lazz
11-04-2009, 3:43 PM
Well, Scot V, I just ordered my G0691 table saw. We will see how it arrives, and I will post pictures. Wood magazine sale for $1215, and free shipping. Whoohoo!!!

I have had this saw for about 2 months.

I bought it over the 1023, because of the American motor and where the dust collection port is. Not real crazy about the fence. One of the adjustment screws down inside the rails (blade side) is very loose, so loose I am afraid it will move when in unlocked position. It was the only way I could get it squared up to the blade.
Write a post on how your set up goes. Maybe I need to start over.

Overall, I like the saw but the shipping was a mess. My rails ended up in Tennessee...(I live in WA) and arrived 2+ weeks later and looked like they had been dropped about 100 times, all scratched up ( I notified Grizzly and they didn't seem too concerned)....then as I am setting up my saw I noticed the hardware pack was nowhere to be found....after calling I waited another 2+weeks for the hardware to arrive.

I was polite the whole time, but irritated and told Grizzly that I would appreciate some sort of coupon... they gave me a whole $30 in store credit for my trouble.

I have heard good things about their customer service, and I guess I got what I ordered but I wasn't that impressed.

Enjoy your saw, let us know how it all goes.

Mark Detrick
11-11-2009, 9:41 PM
I had a terrible time trying to get my G0691 fence squared up. No matter how much adjusting I did every time when I tried to lock the fence the back end of the fence would move. I called Grizzly support and tried all their suggestions to no avail. A few days later the sent me a new fence and had UPS pick up the original fence. A few minutes of adjusting the new fence and it's right on with no movement.

Tom Welch
11-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Jim I never get tired of your posts about the saw that your saving for. Your positive remarks and encouraging others to take a good look at the G0691 has probbly sold Grizzly a lot of saws. If Pappa Grizzly is reading this, he should send a PM to you and give you a special "KeyMan" discount. ;) Anyway, keep it up, and we want a post and pic's when you get your G0690.

Jim O'Dell
11-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Jim I never get tired of your posts about the saw that your saving for. Your positive remarks and encouraging others to take a good look at the G0691 has probbly sold Grizzly a lot of saws. If Pappa Grizzly is reading this, he should send a PM to you and give you a special "KeyMan" discount. ;) Anyway, keep it up, and we want a post and pic's when you get your G0690.

Like I'll be able to keep quiet about it!!!:D:D:D:D I do like the idea of the "KeyMan" discount though. :rolleyes: Jim.