PDA

View Full Version : When you’re able to help your son…

Brian Jacobs
11-02-2009, 3:50 PM
…it doesn’t get much better!

Garage Cutaway

Artist's Studio

Chapel

Here’s a couple of pictures of some student architectural study models that my son has designed for studio during the school year. He’s darn good with an x-acto blade, but he’s REALLY happy that dad has a laser. I forgot what all-nighters were like, until now! Especially the back-to-back ones! :eek:
P.S.- Free laser time, but he has to build my retirement home!

Tom Bull
11-02-2009, 4:07 PM
I particularly like the "grille" work.

Margaret Turco
11-02-2009, 4:09 PM
Those came out great Brian! So what did the teacher think of them?

Brian Jacobs
11-02-2009, 5:04 PM
I particularly like the "grille" work.

Thanks Tom. I took a nap when the laser was 'vector etching' the bricks.. 55 minutes for the back panel. Forgot you were around the corner from me. I'm in the Overland Park / Leawood area--- the other Kansas City! (I've got to fill in my sig.)

Those came out great Brian! So what did the teacher think of them?

Margaret thanks. His professors really like it. (He's the only one that has access to a laser.) But, they are expecting consistently high performances from him--- in part, because of the laser. He actually ends up working twice as hard as his classmates because he has to really plan the cuts, instead of 'cutting on the fly'.

Frank Corker
11-03-2009, 7:01 AM
Brian, they look absolutely brilliant and not just from a design point of view, from a lasering view the joints and cuts look amazing. Well done.

Brian Jacobs
11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Frank, coming from a pro, I appreciate the kind words. I just mostly sat around while he did all the work, but how does the saying go:

Laser, $20,000... Master's Architecture, $200,000... being a little help to your son, PRICELESS. Oh shoot... I just realized that I'm poor, but I'm happy! :D

Dee Gallo
11-03-2009, 1:28 PM
Wow - what a great Dad to provide a laser! You should be very proud of his work, it's excellent, and probably just the beginning too.

cheers, dee

Brian Jacobs
11-03-2009, 2:27 PM
Wow - what a great Dad to provide a laser! You should be very proud of his work, it's excellent, and probably just the beginning too.

cheers, dee

Ha! Bribing him with a laser for a little bit of love in return... I like it!