PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
11-02-2009, 8:52 AM
2 Nov 2009

Good Morning,
Nice and cool this morning. Enjoying this weather. Guess what? It's NOT raining!!!!! Yea.!!!!!! The family is back from emergency medical travels to Alabama and back, coffee in a warm cup, fire in the stove, and I truly am a blessed man. :)

Today will be a day where I get the shellac put on an American Girl doll bed and have it ready to deliver Thanksgiving week. Then I will repair a broken child rocking chair and get the owner to come and pick it up. I have about 4 cutting boards to make and have ready for Christmas as well as all the projects the LOML has for me to get done.

The LOML Jr love photography and she entered one of her picture in a local art contest. It was an accepted entry as of this past Friday. Needless to say that she is "pumped" and so are we. It will mean a lot to her if she wins because she will win $500 and then we will have the money to get her a really nice digital SLR camera that she's been desiring for a long time now.

All is well with our family and all emergencies have settled to healthy people.

That's it for me today...so what did YOU do this past weekend???

Best of weeks to you all.

Dave Wagner
11-02-2009, 9:06 AM
Well, it was 26 degrees this morning and a hard frost!! At least all the leaves have fallen and all raked up outside. Did some more clean up work outside to get ready for the winter..

Started insulating the garage ceiling (finally!!), got about 1/3 of it done.!!

Spent about 2 hours creating an almost air tight box under my old craftsman table/stand to collect the dust, works pretty good when hooked to the vacuum!

:)

Rod Sheridan
11-02-2009, 9:43 AM
Lets see..........

I made two left hand shelf brackets for a closet shelf, instead a left and a right

I made a right hand bracket for said shelf.

I made a base with levelling feet for another shop cabinet, cleared all the junk out of the way, and will be painting the wall before the base cabinet goes in.

regards, Rod.

P.S. I also decorated for Halloween, we had about 250 kids this year.

Matt Sollars
11-02-2009, 9:47 AM
I drove down to the Springfield, MO Grizzly store with my Brother in Law and picked up my G1023SL table saw and my G0593 8in Jointer.

and a myriad of other stuff...glue, clamps, square, slip it, etc.

getting it into the house was an experience.

also put up 5 new lights in the basement shop to ease with assembly on these new machines.

Hope all is well.

Matt

ps. now i'm going to be scouring the 'set up' threads. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Well,

Saturday I began cleaning my shop. A friend dropped by to test drive my lathe as he's in the market for a new lathe. As ususal, my shop was in total disarray and I was highly embarrassed. He looked, asked questions and then we mounted up a chunk of wood and spent some time playing with the skew and eventually a spindle gouge.

After Mark left, I cut in the walls in our bedroom and got the entire room painted the 2nd coat.

Yesterday, I played with a turning design at the request of the LOML. I think I have a new design that I can turn for her. Watched 2 football games and rested.

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Completed halloween decorations.....Check.
Successful Trick/Treat night with the kids....Check.
Take down said decorations.....Check.
First trip to local hardwood supplier......Check (and a big thumbs up!).
Milled some stock last night.....Check.

Dan Gill
11-02-2009, 1:02 PM
I worked on some candy dishes I'm making. I found at least one way not to do it . . . I also made a router base to use in making said candy dishes.

Matt Meiser
11-02-2009, 1:33 PM
Worked on the kitchen all weekend. Sunday while waiting between coats, I worked on reorganizing my hardware.

Jim Becker
11-02-2009, 9:03 PM
I got attacked by a vampiress...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/scary.jpg

(14yo Daughter Nastia)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/vampiress.jpg

Leigh Betsch
11-03-2009, 7:37 PM
Now that's scary. And I don't mean the vampire.;)

Alan Bienlein
11-03-2009, 7:52 PM
I made a cyclone for my shop vac. Tired of cleaning filters and the best part is I didn't spend a dime on it. All the materials were leftover scraps I had laying around.

Joe Jensen
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Our kitchen had not good place for the waste and recycle bins. The original cabinet to the left of the dishwasher was a 12" wide cabinet leaving 3" of the wall behind showing, and 3" of extra granite counter top. I built a new 15" wide cabinet with a pull out for the waste and trash bins. It matches perfectly.

About 5 years ago I replaced all the original plywood panel cabinet doors with raised panel doors I built myself. 56 doors in total. It's how I rationalized the power feeder for the shaper :)

Here are pics of the new cabinet, didn't think to take before pics.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w99/AZEngineer/Projects/_NIK4960Medium.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w99/AZEngineer/Projects/_NIK4961Medium.jpg