PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat for a newb.

Mike O'Reilly
11-01-2009, 4:37 PM
Hi All,
I moved a couple of steps closer to having a decently outfitted shop this evening. SWMBO called and said a new store opened in the mall and it had tools. I asked what kind and she said lots of stuff and they have some Ridgid tools. I have been planning to purchase a Ridgid Planer and Jointer soon so I asked if they had either. She said yup, they have a planer, so I headed to the mall. 30 mins later I now have a TP1300LS and a Ridgid oscillating Edge/Belt sander as well as a random orbital sander. The tools are conditioned but come with a 7 day return and a 1 year warranty. So now the gloat.

Ridgid Planer $157 including the stand and all the parts that should be there. ($350 originally)

Ridgid Sander $89 ($199 at HD)

Ridgid random orbital $32 ($69 at HD)

All together I paid $300 for what would have been $620 + tax. I am very excited.

Mike

glenn bradley
11-01-2009, 4:55 PM
Well done. What's the name of the store?

Mike O'Reilly
11-01-2009, 4:58 PM
Jeez Glenn..you expect me to pay attention to that sort of stuff while I am buying tools :)

Direct Tools Factory Outlet

Mike

Ben Martin
11-01-2009, 7:50 PM
Interested in going and getting another one of the Ridgid Sanders and shipping it up to Chicago for me??? That is a SMOKIN' deal!

Bob Wingard
11-01-2009, 7:56 PM
COOL .. .. I just checked, and we have one in Calhoun, GA .. about an hour from me. Gonna check them out this week.

Myk Rian
11-01-2009, 8:11 PM
Looks like there is one in Birch Run, Mi.

Adam Strong
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I have been in the St. Augustine, FL store and did not see any deals like you found. Good find!

Ben Martin
11-03-2009, 6:37 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that through a Google search I found this, which lists the location and phone number of all of the Direct Tool Factory Outlet stores:

http://70.32.93.177/dtfo/DirectToolsLocationLaborDay.pdf

All the workers were very nice to talk to, but nobody seems to have the sander in stock. One store even put me on a list and will call when one comes in, BUT after thinking about it $99 for the tool + $30-40 (I would assume for shipping) brings it to about $25 cheaper than if I would buy it in the store.

Maybe somebody can take advantage of their local store having the sander...

Chris Tsutsui
11-03-2009, 6:55 PM
I think it's cool that your wife actually called you to tell you a new tool store opened up at the mall...

My wife just calls me to ask me when I got some new tool that she just found in the garage and I always tell her "A long time ago". :D

Mike O'Reilly
11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Chris,
My wife wants me to give up building jeeps because she thinks woodworking is easier on the body and cheaper. I don't think I'll burst her bubble til I get a few more tools :)

Mike

Darrell Bottoms
11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Chris,
My wife wants me to give up building jeeps because she thinks woodworking is easier on the body and cheaper. I don't think I'll burst her bubble til I get a few more tools :)

Mike

Very good angle! I've got to start building jeeps...:D

Mike Heidrick
11-04-2009, 8:26 AM
Chris,

Mike

Not too many Jeeps in the lungs or cutting off fingers with a Jeep. Most people with Jeep accidents do not make this forum though. One plus, Jeeps do have brakes - 4 usually - beat that sawstop!