PDA

View Full Version : Customer service/ product feedback.

Gary Conklin
11-01-2009, 3:09 PM
I just wanted to share a great customer service/ product review. Wed. night I finally made up my mind that I didn't really want to build my own rotary adapter for my vacuum chuck(PITA.) I had been sharing some emails with Tom Steyer of JT Turning Tools (http://jtturningtools.com/) and decided to go that route instead so I placed my order for the Rotary adapter and the HUB. My package was at my door Fri. afternoon. WOW

Upon opening the package I was pleasantly surprised to find my items well packaged. The tools looked great. The rotary adapter is a nice sleek/small design that fit nicely and still allows full use of the hand-wheel on my 3520B. The hub assembly also looked great and fit like a charm.

While both items are pretty self explanatory, the one thing that I did find lacking was any written information. Tom did tell me before hand that he was working to rewrite the instructions for making the vacuum cups, but a quick call to Tom answered my questions. During that same call Tom gave me some other information that I thought valuable enough to share and would suggest be included in a written pamphlet with the tools.
1. Lubricate the o-rings and shaft of the rotary adapter before installing.
2. Tom also suggests the use of a plastic washer with the aluminum hub adapter. (I would have like to have seen this included).
3. The written instructions on making the cups(as previously stated I knew they wouldn't be there)

Over all opinion of both the company and the tools is VERY IMPRESSIVE!