PDA

View Full Version : PLS6.60 will not connect

Eric Seest
10-31-2009, 6:48 PM
Went to turn on the laser this afternoon to run a couple of jobs and the laser will not connect to the either of my computers. It turns on but will not connect to get going. I checked the power supply and it is sending out 50VDC so I don't think that is it. I have an second mother board from a previous problem I had that turned out was not it so I installed it and the laser connected and seemed to be ready to go. So I homed it and it went to home and then when I went to auto focus it it said that it would not auto focus. So I tried running a previous program and it said that the driver was not up to date. So I put the other mother board in hoping it was a loose wire but it still will not connect. Any suggestions.:mad:

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2009, 8:31 AM
Re-install the driver. The latest is 5.27.48. If you don't have that one, you really should get it on Monday. It resolves many little quirky problems from what I can tell.

It's by far the best driver I've seen from ULS in 18 months.

Eric Seest
11-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I have tried re-installing the driver but the latest one I have is 5.26.45; and that did nothing for me. Does anyone happen to have 5.27.48 and could send it to me? I really need to get this thing back up and running. Still a little confused as to why it stopped running after running so good for the last six months and then all of a sudden nothing. Thanks Scott I will be sending an email to ULS shortly so hopefully they will get back to me first thing Monday morning.

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Eric, PM me your email, I'll send you the driver or a link to it. I can't recall how large it is. If it's too large, I'll put it online and send the link to download it.

Thanks,-
Steve

Eric Seest
11-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Scott thanks for the new driver, it installed fine but the laser still will not connect. It comes on but that is it, does not try to home the x,y and will not connect. I have tried several different USB cables that does not help either. Not sure what else to try at this point. Guess I will have to wait to hear back from ULS tomorrow; unless anyone else has a suggestion.

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I know you mentioned a different computer, but have you tried a different USB port? Or going into the device driver and deleting that USB port, restarting and letting it find it again?

Sometimes a different USB port will solve it. Not sure in this case, since you tried it on another computer, but it's worth a try.

Eric Seest
11-01-2009, 1:34 PM
I normally connect with a powered usb (because I us a laptop and it drains a lot of power) and I have tried all three usb ports on both computers. Thanks

donald bugansky
11-01-2009, 2:00 PM
Eric,

Win XP and the device drivers can be problematic. Try Scott's approach...
1) delete the printer driver from the control panel (either with printers or add/remove programs)
2) restart the computer without the laser attached
3) re-load the latest laser driver
4) restart computer with laser attached

USB & hardwire ID's can be port specific and cause headaches especially when updating drivers. Give the aforementioned a try and see how it works.

Bugs

Eric Seest
11-01-2009, 2:19 PM
I have tried that several times, and I am running vista on one computer (primary) and XP on the other neither will work. The thing is I used it on Wednesday and every thing was fine, took two days off and tried to start up Saturday and nothing is working. Thanks for the suggestion all are appreciated.

Dan Hintz
11-01-2009, 4:37 PM
Scott,

My current is the one Eric has... I'd appreciate a copy of the latest one, too :)