PDA

View Full Version : Phenolic plywood in Atlantic Canada

Mike Bielby
10-31-2009, 3:53 PM
I'm looking to build a router table as well as an extension wing on my table saw. www.thewoodwhisperer.com and a few other references I've looked at mention using phenolic plywood. The only problem is, none of the big box stores carry it, nor do either of the specialty hardwood stores in my area. Does anyone know of a place in Atlantic Canada that sells phenolic plywood (whether its called phenolic, or goes by some other name)?

jason margeson
10-31-2009, 4:26 PM
You might want to give Robert Bury in dartmouth a try, They carry lots of high quality sheet goods.

Mike Bielby
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the tip Jason. Robert Bury doesn't carry them as an in-stock item but can special order 4'x8'x 3/4" sheets for customers. Unfortunately you need to purchase 22 sheets at a time. I may just have to resort to ordering from Woodcraft...

Jim Kirkpatrick
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Mike, Phenolic plywood is the ultimate choice for and table surface where you want minimal friction. I bought a 24" x 32" sheet from local Rockler store for $20 to use for a drill press table. It is so slippery smooth it feels like an air hockey table.
Funny you posted this, I just bought 2 more sheets 5 minutes ago from woodpeck 24" x 48" to use for an outfeed table on my ts. $60 each. Use code "PLY" for an extra $11 off that will almost cover shipping. No one in New England that I know of sells it so any port in the storm I say. Maybe they will ship to Canadia [sic]
http://www.woodpeck.com/fbplywood.html

jason margeson
11-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the tip Jason. Robert Bury doesn't carry them as an in-stock item but can special order 4'x8'x 3/4" sheets for customers. Unfortunately you need to purchase 22 sheets at a time. I may just have to resort to ordering from Woodcraft...

22 sheets eh?:eek: thats alot of router tables:)

I cant think of anyone else right now. Good luck. Please post back if you find someone locally.

What about Atlantic Countertops?