PDA

View Full Version : Purse hangers

Jeff Chumbley
10-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know where I can purchase wholesale generic purse hangers?

Dan Hintz
10-31-2009, 1:16 PM
Las Vegas has a lot of them... I believe they call them call girls, however.

I have no idea what a purse hanger is... any pics?

Jeff Chumbley
11-01-2009, 11:55 AM
You funny guy! A quick look on the net shows you what they are.

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Jeff, you might try here :

http://www.southernimperial.com/

Don't know if they have that exact thing or not, but you might come close. Never dealt with them before, but was told about them this past week.

Ray Uebner
11-01-2009, 4:25 PM
Hi
I get mine from Signature Engravers. The are better then the one you pictured and the ladies love them. I will attach a photo of the one we use.

Jeff Chumbley
11-01-2009, 5:57 PM
Ray

Are they blanks and you put your designs on them or do you buy them that way from them?

Jeff

Ray Uebner
11-01-2009, 7:31 PM
They are blank, I use the signature to engrave them but could be done on another rotary engraver. I have not tried to laser them as I have the signature so use it. They come with a black velvet pouch.

Roger McDowell
11-02-2009, 4:49 PM
Anyone have a good source for these purse hangers that are laser engravable?

Bill Cunningham
11-03-2009, 9:54 PM
There must be a run on these.. I had never heard of them before, and last week I had a customer that I made something else for, ask me if I could supply a bunch of these with their corp. logo.. I told her I would look into it and see what I could find.. Hmmmm.. Spooky...:D

Bob Wagner
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Woodturners Catalog has the hanger. You provide the "disk"

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Projects___Desk_Accessories___Purse_Hanger___purse _hanger?Args=

Mark Ross
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Being a guy I have to ask...what in the world is the purpose for these? The only thing I can think of is that studies have shown that the bottom of purses are filthy because they tend to get placed on the floor etc.

So is this their purpose? If so, must be a run on them due the the swine flu over reporting scare tactic garbage bottom feeding journalism that has become so commonplace now that my opinion of journalists is lower than...even lawyers...

Lee DeRaud
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Being a guy I have to ask...what in the world is the purpose for these? The only thing I can think of is that studies have shown that the bottom of purses are filthy because they tend to get placed on the floor etc.More to the point, if anyone used a metal widget like that to hang a purse off a nice wood table in my house,
dirt on the bottom of their purse would be the least of their worries. :eek:

Belinda Barfield
11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Being a guy I have to ask...what in the world is the purpose for these? The only thing I can think of is that studies have shown that the bottom of purses are filthy because they tend to get placed on the floor etc.

So is this their purpose? If so, must be a run on them due the the swine flu over reporting scare tactic garbage bottom feeding journalism that has become so commonplace now that my opinion of journalists is lower than...even lawyers...

Being a gal, I have to answer. The purpose is to keep a purse off the floor, primarily in a public place such a mall or restaurant. It is also a safety measure as the purse is hanging right beside you as opposed to sitting under a chair or hanging on the back of a chair. Apparently many ladies place their purse on the kitchen counter, or on the bed, when they arrive home and don't like the thought of all that "filth" transferring from the bottom of the purse.

These have been available for a year to a year and a half (as best I recall) and someone decided they make nifty stocking stuffers so that may be why there is a "run" on them.

Al Bray
11-04-2009, 1:44 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase wholesale generic purse hangers?

I have used these in the past with some of my kiln formed glass projects/gifts:

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemView&itemsysid=192526
http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemView&itemsysid=202395

These have a rubber backing on them to protect the surface they are being hung on and also to keep it from sliding around.

Cost put's them just under 4.00 each if you get set up with a wholesale account.

- Al

Mike Null
11-04-2009, 3:35 PM
I just ordered a half dozen. My wife collects handbags like I collect tools except hers cost more. She always fusses when she's at a restaurant and they have no provision for her handbag.

My daughters have the same bad habit.

Dee Gallo
11-04-2009, 5:22 PM
These have been available for a year to a year and a half (as best I recall) and someone decided they make nifty stocking stuffers so that may be why there is a "run" on them.

I beg to differ, Belinda - my mother gave me one of those when I was a teenager and I'm older than the dirt on the bottom of any purse. I always thought it was a dorky item (back in the 60s we used army surplus bags) , but it definitely does the job when you have a nice purse.

And Lee, they don't mar the table any more than putting a 50¢ coin on the table would. Something like the skyhook you made in Jr. High wood shop. No weight at all.

:) dee

Lee DeRaud
11-04-2009, 5:59 PM
And Lee, they don't mar the table any more than putting a 50¢ coin on the table would. Something like the skyhook you made in Jr. High wood shop. No weight at all."No weight at all" are the last words I would use to describe the purses of the women I know. :eek:

Belinda Barfield
11-05-2009, 7:57 AM
I beg to differ, Belinda - my mother gave me one of those when I was a teenager and I'm older than the dirt on the bottom of any purse. I always thought it was a dorky item (back in the 60s we used army surplus bags) , but it definitely does the job when you have a nice purse.
:) dee

Thanks for setting me straight on this Dee. About a year and a half ago purse hangers started showing up in the multitude of catalogs that find their way to my mailbox. I guess everything old really is new again.

Mark Ross
11-05-2009, 4:48 PM
Oooh...

I got the next thing I am going to work on...not that lawyers would have a field day with it or anything but...

I would take the picture of that one hanger, which is metal, combine it with a proximity remote of some sort, and if anyone grabbed the bag that wasn't authorized...they'd get tazered!

Problem is I would sell my first 2 one already be in a lawsuit as some lady that bought one would imbibe at a club...forget to be wearing the bracelet or whatever the proximity device was, shock herself and sue me...

Belinda Barfield
11-05-2009, 5:00 PM
Oooh...

I got the next thing I am going to work on...not that lawyers would have a field day with it or anything but...

I would take the picture of that one hanger, which is metal, combine it with a proximity remote of some sort, and if anyone grabbed the bag that wasn't authorized...they'd get tazered!

Problem is I would sell my first 2 one already be in a lawsuit as some lady that bought one would imbibe at a club...forget to be wearing the bracelet or whatever the proximity device was, shock herself and sue me...

Nearly fell out of my chair Mark . . . I can see it now . . .

"Honey, would you hold my purse while I try this on?" Next thing you know some poor guy is a puddle of twitching man flesh on the floor in Neiman's.

Lee DeRaud
11-05-2009, 7:47 PM
"Honey, would you hold my purse while I try this on?" Next thing you know some poor guy is a puddle of twitching man flesh on the floor in Neiman's.Pffft. How is that different from what happens when he looks at the price tags?

Martin Boekers
11-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Here is another site....

http://www.bostoncraftworks.com/BagHangers.htm

if anyone find these with an insert area of 1.75" or 2"
please let me know!;)

Thanks,

Marty