PDA

View Full Version : I blame spinny people.

Ron Bontz
10-31-2009, 12:33 AM
OK, I am blaming it on spinny people. I was perfectly happy in my little world of flat work and squares with an occasional curve. Then I wandered, sort of speak, into this vortex place. So much talent. So many ideas. Now I haven't been able to get my fire wood split because the monsoon won't stop and when it does I keep finding "blanks" that need to be cut and sealed.;) 1.5 gal. of anchor seal. Poof, gone. Wood to seal, bowls to rough out. My wallet flew open amongst the swirl of the vortex.:D Then last, but not least, I found myself doing something I thought I would never do, I blame this one on Bernie. Yes, I made a few of those little bird house thingys to weight the xmas tree branches down so as not to have the tree blow away. Oh the humanity of it all.:D

alex carey
10-31-2009, 4:55 AM
Ron...your done for.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-31-2009, 7:43 AM
Ron,

Go ahead and blame us. Everybody else does....the world going round etc.....:rolleyes:

NIce ornaments BTW.

I'd say "Hey Bernie! We got another one!"

Jeff Luedloff
10-31-2009, 9:10 AM
Oh no other one hooked on turning. I see we get the blame, soon you will blame us for the dust on your table saw or when it is use to hold your turning work as a drying table (like mine does..LOL).

Welcome to our world and good job on your bird houses hope to see more turnings.

Bernie Weishapl
10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Yep Fitz we did it again.:D;):rolleyes::cool: Now Ken do you think we can work on him on the skew????:eek:

Ron those are fine looking birdhouses. Sorry didn't mean to drag you into the vortex and the birdhouses. NOT!!!

Steve Schlumpf
10-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Ron - Welcome! Great looking birdhouse ornaments!

Turning wood can really change your perspective on things once you get over the shock of dealing with curves instead of right angles! Now when you look at wood - any wood - you envision what you can turn with it!

Plus, like Jeff said, my brand new cabinet tablesaw with 7' rail and large outfeed table is now used as a finishing station and photo tent holder upper. I have some flatwork projects that I need to start but I don't want to move the turnings until after they are finished - and I just keep adding turnings to the mix!

Reed Gray
10-31-2009, 11:01 AM
The Devil made me do it the first time, the second time I did it on my own.

robo hippy

Mark Hix
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
People still do flat work?

Alan Tolchinsky
10-31-2009, 2:50 PM
I'm always glad to hear I'm not the last to be sucked in. This actually makes driving a car more dangerous. If you think using a cell phone is dangerous while driving, you don't want to be near me when I spy some possible turning wood near the road. :) You have been assimmilated, resistance is futile.

Joe Mioux
10-31-2009, 4:46 PM
Ron Ron Ron.....

I know...............

i know.

between mr fitzgerald, bernie and steve and others. it's hard not to succumb.

Jim Underwood
10-31-2009, 6:34 PM
Theres a song and it goes a little like this...

"Ooooohhh turners make the world go 'round, the world go 'round, the world go 'round.....":D

Jarrod McGehee
11-01-2009, 1:19 AM
well you're not the first and DEFINITELY not the last. next thing you know you'll be getting your other flat buddies in here turning. I'm also a woodworker but man I love this turning and stuff for all the same reasons you do. congrats.

Awesome ornaments btw.

Norm Zax
11-01-2009, 1:44 AM
Now go fetch another unsuspecting soul!!