PDA

View Full Version : Ornamental Bird Houses

Bill Bulloch
10-30-2009, 5:37 PM
I watched Bob Hamilton's video on turning the Acorn Birdhouse yesterday and couldn't resist making "one" for myself. Bob has a great video, only he don't warn you that making these little buggers is habit forming.

The other picture is some large ones that I made some while back. I thought it amazing how much the bodies of the Acorn one and my large ones are so simular.

Steve Mawson
10-30-2009, 6:44 PM
Good job, they will look good on anyone's tree.

Steve Schlumpf
10-30-2009, 7:50 PM
Nice work Bill! I turned a few a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun! Like you I had planned on just a few - ended up with close to 75! It is surprising how fast you can turn one of these little guys! Great way to use up some of those pretty scraps we always hang on to - just in case!

Bob Hamilton
10-30-2009, 8:16 PM
Those are nice ones, Bill! I especially like the glued up one in the back left. I never would have thought of gluing up a blank for these.

Take care
Bob

Bill Bulloch
10-30-2009, 8:53 PM
Those are nice ones, Bill! I especially like the glued up one in the back left. I never would have thought of gluing up a blank for these.

Take care
Bob

Thanks Bob. I Really enjoy your videos. hese were fun to make. I wouldn't have though of a glue up either, just happen to have this scrap piece from a peppermill.

Bernie Weishapl
10-30-2009, 9:12 PM
Great looking birdhouses. Yep they are addictive.

Billy Tallant
10-31-2009, 2:36 AM
Great looking ornaments...