PDA

View Full Version : DNA containers

David E Keller
10-30-2009, 2:50 PM
Just wondering what containers creekers use for DNA soaking roughed blanks... Sources appreciated. I was thinking about a Tupperware cake carrier but there's got to be a better way.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-30-2009, 2:54 PM
David,

My neighbor happens to be a professional painter. I use one of his discarded 6 gallon paint buckets and the lid. The lid on those paint buckets actually have a rubber o-ring which seals better than the typical ones I've seen.

Call a local painter and see if one can provide one after they are through using the paint out of it.

Gary Herrmann
10-30-2009, 3:02 PM
The large pool chemical buckets. Nice airtight lids.

Dick Strauss
10-30-2009, 4:09 PM
8-10 qt ice cream tubs (small) or old drywall buckets (medium)

Quinn McCarthy
10-30-2009, 4:14 PM
Depending on the size I either use a 5 gallon bucket or the kettle from our turkey cooker.

Quinn

Mike Marmon
10-30-2009, 5:01 PM
I boutght a five gallon plastic bucket with a lid from the Orange Borg, about $4.

Mike

Scott Hackler
10-30-2009, 5:55 PM
I have the lower half of a shop-vac (bucket). It is about 15 gallon capacity. I took 5/8" plywood and made a lid with a grove around to seat down on the bucket. Then I took a bike inner tube and stapled it in the grove for an air tight seal. Although I painted the tar out of the "lid", the Dna was bubbling the paint so I have a trash bag laying on the bucket first and then the lid with a cement black to hold it down.

Most dont need this big but some of my bowls got out of hand (15"+) and they wouldnt fit into the 5 gal buckets!

Now I can put several things in at once.