PDA

View Full Version : New Grizzly Tablesaw G1023SL

paul hyde
10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone!

This is my first posting to your great forum. I have learned alot from reading all the different posts, especially about the Grizzly 1023 tablesaw. In fact, I just placed my order for the Grizzly 10" left tilt 3hp G1023sl table saw. I could not resist the sale price of $795.00. This is my first table saw and think my last, as I am just beginning the wonderful world of woodworking. I will try and post some pictures of the saw(delivery, assembly,etc.) after I receive it. Now the hardest part, waiting for delivery!!!:):D

Al Sherred
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
congrats on the saw Paul. Mine is about 3 years old now, its still going strong with no problems. You could spend alot more money on another saw but you may not get a better saw in my opinion.

Jason White
10-30-2009, 1:08 PM
Wow!

I paid about $1200 delivered for mine about a year ago and thought I got a great deal then.

For this, you deserve a special "creeker" salute....

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hello everyone!

This is my first posting to your great forum. I have learned alot from reading all the different posts, especially about the Grizzly 1023 tablesaw. In fact, I just placed my order for the Grizzly 10" left tilt 3hp G1023sl table saw. I could not resist the sale price of $795.00. This is my first table saw and think my last, as I am just beginning the wonderful world of woodworking. I will try and post some pictures of the saw(delivery, assembly,etc.) after I receive it. Now the hardest part, waiting for delivery!!!:):D

scott spencer
10-30-2009, 1:17 PM
Should be the last saw you own....great bargain at that price! Any saw is only as good as the setup and blade selection...be fussy about both.

It's possible to add a Bolt On Ripping Knife (B.O.R.K) from Walnutacrewoodworking (http://shop.walnutacrewoodworking.com/category.sc;jsessionid=FE84B80D3F06E567B7E8349328A 4B578.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=2) for it. It's a retrofit riving knife that sits in close proximity to the blade and moves up, down, and tilts with the blade...pretty much like a traditional riving knife except for the fact that it follows the arc of the swing arm that most designs older than 1 year old tend to have. I've had one since August 2008 and it works as advertised once you get it setup with a custom zero clearance insert.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/hewood/sawparts/B_O_R_K014-2-1.jpg

You'll also find that with a left tilt saw that you shouldn't ever need the rip capacity that's on the left side of the blade, which means you can slide the rails to the right to add an extra 10" rip capacity where you'll use it. It's an easy 4 minute mod too, especially when doing it from scratch. Just mount the front angle bracket as instructed, instead of mounting the front rail tube as instructed, slide it right by the distance of one bolt hole (no drilling)...fasten it to the rail with 3 bolts instead of 4 (still plenty strong). This doesn't impact the rear rail at all, just the front. You'll need to locate the measuring tape accordingly, but you'll now have 36" rip to the right and essentialy none to the left. You'll want to fill the gap between the front and rear rails with an extension of some sort so the fence can slide the full distance.

Enjoy!