PDA

View Full Version : Supermax Drum Sander Issue

John Hollaway
10-30-2009, 10:21 AM
The long, splayed, cast aluminum legs that support my 25" Supermax Drum Sander take up a relatively huge amount of real estate - 41" X 45" - in my shrinking basement shop. Trying to roll my sander into its operating location is often a challenge. Has any other Supermax owner come up with a smaller, more user friendly leg set for their Supermax? Thanks.

John Hollaway

Justin Roberts
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I have a 37X2 in a basement also. Good luck. I wold also be interested.

Sam Layton
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I have a 37 X 2 as well. It would be good to come up with something smaller. However, due to the design with the one post on each side I think they need the large foot print to keep from falling over...

Sam

Paul Johnstone
10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
The long, splayed, cast aluminum legs that support my 25" Supermax Drum Sander take up a relatively huge amount of real estate - 41" X 45" - in my shrinking basement shop. Trying to roll my sander into its operating location is often a challenge. Has any other Supermax owner come up with a smaller, more user friendly leg set for their Supermax? Thanks.

John Hollaway

I think you have to live with the wide legs.. If you make them more narrow, the sander is going to want to tip over when in use. You've got to figure the manufacturer spent extra on materials for a good reason :)

I just rearranged my shop (again) a couple weekends ago in order to give my Supermax a bigger "parking place". That's about all you can do.