PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found at the auction

Steve Evans
09-26-2004, 9:07 PM
I dropped by a woodworking auction yesterday. They had a pile of power tools and a few things that I was interested in. I usually avoid the local auctions that have mostly woodworking stuff as the prices seem to approach new on a lot of things. This one wasn't one of those. Pony pipe clamps selling for $4. I picked up a pair of Jorgensen deep throat clamps for $6 each. I also managed to snag this little baby for $450 US. It's an older General 8", but it cuts like a dream and runs smooth. Tables were in good shape, and just took a little polishing with the scotchbrite pad on the grinder. Now I have to sell my 6" :p

Lou Morrissette
09-26-2004, 9:15 PM
Great snag, Steve. Looks real nice.:D

Steve Clardy
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
I just love to go to tool auctions. In fact I went to an estate sale this last saturday. But I have found that most things are going for close to new prices.
I hold out for the bargains. Your jointer looks like a good buy.

Steve

Tyler Howell
09-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Steve,

I had more fun at my tool sale this weekend. Lot of fun people. Got to meet some new neighbors.
Great find Steve.

Boyd Gathwright
09-27-2004, 11:04 AM
…. Good going Steve, I think you’ll find the closer you watch at the auctions the better the find. You’ll discover more overall value than just saving money.

…. Good luck and I’ll be watching for your future finds.

Boyd ;)

I dropped by a woodworking auction yesterday. They had a pile of power tools and a few things that I was interested in. I usually avoid the local auctions that have mostly woodworking stuff as the prices seem to approach new on a lot of things. This one wasn't one of those. Pony pipe clamps selling for $4. I picked up a pair of Jorgensen deep throat clamps for $6 each. I also managed to snag this little baby for $450 US. It's an older General 8", but it cuts like a dream and runs smooth. Tables were in good shape, and just took a little polishing with the scotchbrite pad on the grinder. Now I have to sell my 6" :p