PDA

View Full Version : Laser Scanning Coin

Khalid Khattak
10-30-2009, 6:21 AM
The scanning of coin is the best test to define the integrity, precision of any laser scanning system... I saw guys targeting laser on 1 Euro Coin.. This time i scan my country currency almost equal in diameter of 1 Euro Coin.. I coated it with talcum powder so the smudge effect on the letters can be seen evident..

It still need further tweaking of my scanning setup..I hope in coming days i will able to do 360 degree scan with my CNC turntable..currently i am driving my laser with stepper motor with a resolution of 16000lines...

Khalid Khattak
10-30-2009, 6:58 AM
This is my last day picture with one of foreign friend...I enjoyed the maintenance of my Fertilizer Plant.. Daily 14 Hrs work for 16 days without rest days:eek: It was a tough schedule..... Almost 1000 Jobs carried out in one of my Area (Ammonia manufacturing complex).. I was the incharge of Ammonia Complex..

We enjoyed the Cake cutting ceremony when we got first PRILL of Urea from Prilling Tower..

Michael Schwartz
10-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Could you post some more details on your laser setup, looks interesting. Did you build it or buy it.

Bob Savage
10-31-2009, 1:14 PM
Could you post some more details on your laser setup, looks interesting. Did you build it or buy it.

I believe he's using one of these, with some mods.

http://www.david-laserscanner.com/