PDA

View Full Version : I hope this goes over well :)

Garrett Nors
10-29-2009, 1:02 PM
We got an order for a couple of trophies for "Best Zombie" for a local high school dress up competition. At first I thought to myself "I don't think they make zombie figures" so I decided to make up this. I hope they like it!

It's just ponderosa pine (stained) as a base and 1/8th alder for the "figure". I wanted to go much bigger than this (he only stands maybe 6-7") but we didn't have any alder that was wide enough (it's hard to come by around here and I mostly use it to play with so I can't afford to buy those huge sheets).

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/afecustoms/IMG_3554.jpg

Colleen Williams
10-29-2009, 1:30 PM
Garrett,

That's great! I am sure that they are going to love it.

Dee Gallo
10-29-2009, 2:13 PM
hahaha - I love your design! It's a hoot!

:) dee

Steve Clarkson
10-29-2009, 2:18 PM
That's awesome! Love it!

Scott Erwin
10-29-2009, 2:20 PM
Very nice and funny idea...I just went to a halloween party last night and they gave out gifts for the best costumes, etc...but this would have been much better !

Bill Cunningham
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Just the fact that it's far more unique, than some joke thing they would pick up off the shelf at a local discount store makes it a great simple award.. Very nice..

Cliff Patrick
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Very creative. Fantastic idea. Good job!!!

Garrett Nors
10-30-2009, 12:43 PM
As requested via PM :D

Unfortunately I can't for the life of me find the font I used......I know I had to modify it to make it look right but if I find it I'll let you all know :p

Bob Savage
10-30-2009, 12:52 PM
We got an order for a couple of trophies for "Best Zombie" for a local high school dress up competition. At first I thought to myself "I don't think they make zombie figures" so I decided to make up this. I hope they like it!

That's very cool! Did you draw that by hand and import? Nice!

Garrett Nors
10-30-2009, 1:07 PM
That's very cool! Did you draw that by hand and import? Nice!

I wish I could draw that well! No I actually found it on a website that has a huge list of "How To Draw" tutorials. I found it via google image search (search for "Zombie" with the "Line Drawing" option selected). I shot an email to them via their contact us site and within a day or so they emailed me back with the information that since their tutorials were submitted by members of the community, when they submit it they release all intellectual rights to it :cool:

I did draw the tombstone, however :P

I brought the picture from the site into Vector Magic (amazing program, I recommend it to ANYONE!) and wham bam I had it cutting in 10 minutes.

Bob Savage
10-30-2009, 1:20 PM
Thanks for the info, and excellent job, Garrett.

Ray Uebner
10-30-2009, 3:56 PM
Great Job, thinking out of the box again. They will love it.

Wolf Nitsch
10-30-2009, 9:09 PM
That is absolutely awsome. Nice work they should love it.